Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Is there any way to change the number that the Pre dials when the voicemail button (or speedial 1) are pushed? I use a different voicemail system and my Sprint voicemail has been deactivated.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheuba View Post
    Is there any way to change the number that the Pre dials when the voicemail button (or speedial 1) are pushed? I use a different voicemail system and my Sprint voicemail has been deactivated.

Thanks.
    I would request this on the Patches sub-forum.
    Those who create patches would be the best ones to see if this can be done.
    No, I don't believe there's any easy way to do this. As 'azkevman' says you could try to request it as a patch/tweak. But seems like it would be pretty easy to work around by just putting the right number in another speed dial location (like #2) ... yes? There's also a few pretty nice speed dialer apps available, and you could set one of these up with your voicemail ... not to mention several of your other frequently dialed numbers
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    davis.rob, of course I could make a different speedial. I just wanted to know if there was a way to use the currently unusable voicemail button.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I also found it odd that this number could not be changed even to just add a password to auto enter. Palm should add this option in a future update.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    You could just make a contact for your voicemail number, add it to the launcher, and then put it as one of your quicklaunch icons. Then it is the same amount of presses to call; press once to open the contact, and once more to dial. That could at least be the workaround until something better comes along. Good luck!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650