Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I was listening to the Precast #82 and someone on there mentioned streaming The Matrix from their home PC, how is this possible and how can I duplicate this for myself? It would be totally sweet to be able to do this!!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I don't know if this applies to the Pre at this point or not, but I just read an article on engadget about a program called Orb.

"The free Orb application and service enable the streaming of any media type from computers running Windows or the Mac OS to any other internet-connected device including laptops, mobile phones, and even TVs connected to a game console."

Haven't looked into it much - supposedly popular in the iPhone world.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I've used Orb on my Treo Centro and Treo 700p and it worked ok. I have not been able to get it to work on the Pre as of yet.What I do now is just convert a movie from my laptop and copy and paste it to "Video" on the Pre. It looks and sounds great.
    I want a way to stream stuff from my Windows Home Server
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Ther is a thread on setting up orb....Search for it...It works...I set it up and it works OK....OK meaning you can't fast forward or rewind...but you can resume.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by von11 View Post
    I don't know if this applies to the Pre at this point or not, but I just read an article on engadget about a program called Orb.

"The free Orb application and service enable the streaming of any media type from computers running Windows or the Mac OS to any other internet-connected device including laptops, mobile phones, and even TVs connected to a game console."

Haven't looked into it much - supposedly popular in the iPhone world.
    Thanks I'll give it a try. I have a ton of movies and this would solve my problem with trying to stuff vids onto my Pre.