Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I'm sure this has been answered before, but please help.

    I've downloaded WebOs Quick install, I've installed fileCoaster successfully. I still can't figure out how to forward texts. Is there a homebrew app that I need to download?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.
  2. ericp74's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #2  
    There's a patch for that using WebOs Quick Install.

    From the drop down menu, select tweaks & enjoy......
  3. #3  
    Simple search will bring up many threads on this topic...
    Forward text messages

    Anyway...I would recommend installing Preware and then installing the text forward patch from there.
  4. Byookanun's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #4  
    I dont think the text forward patch is available anymore. At least after installing palm's update yesterday and going back into preware to add everything back I cant find it. :/
  5. #5  
    ^^^^^^^^^ thats because text forwarding is standard now in 1.3.1, no patch needed
  6. Byookanun's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^ thats because text forwarding is standard now in 1.3.1, no patch needed


    Thats what I thought however it doenst work for me and I ahve this solid grey bar under every message. It looks like it should be a hidden button for forwarding but its not hidden and forwarding doesnt work.

    I'd post a screen shot of what I'm talking about but I need 10 posts to post a link...fail
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Byookanun View Post
    Thats what I thought however it doenst work for me and I ahve this solid grey bar under every message. It looks like it should be a hidden button for forwarding but its not hidden and forwarding doesnt work.

    I'd post a screen shot of what I'm talking about but I need 10 posts to post a link...fail
    You're gonna have to wait for the new Doctor to come out and then go visit it.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  8. #8  
    It works great with the new 1.3.1 update, have been using it all morning. No patch required. Just tap on the message you want to forward and it will give you the option to do so.
  9. Byookanun's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    You're gonna have to wait for the new Doctor to come out and then go visit it.

    As in WebOS Doctor? I really hate to have to whipe the phone clean.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Byookanun View Post
    As in WebOS Doctor? I really hate to have to whipe the phone clean.
    Well if it's not working for you then the problem is one of the following:

    1. You haven't actually updated to 1.3.1 yet
    2. You didn't run EPR before updating
    3. You aren't operating it properly
    4. Some other way, the messaging app got hosed

    You sound smart enough that 1 and 3 probably don't apply to you, so your options at this point would be to run EPR (or run it again if you already have), or wait for an updated webOS Repair Utility, or to Doctor it.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Well if it's not working for you then the problem is one of the following:

    1. You haven't actually updated to 1.3.1 yet
    2. You didn't run EPR before updating
    3. You aren't operating it properly
    4. Some other way, the messaging app got hosed

    You sound smart enough that 1 and 3 probably don't apply to you, so your options at this point would be to run EPR (or run it again if you already have), or wait for an updated webOS Repair Utility, or to Doctor it.
    i just notice your signature i like it
  12. #12  
    hey guys i have the same problem. i did the upgrade and the sms forwarding was working at first. then i had to run the EPR to remove some patches i forgot to remove before the update and stopped working after the update. i didn't check the forwarding any more until today morning. i just found out i cant forward messages. those it have to do with me running the EPR? how can i get it to work again? thanks for the help in advance.
  13. #13  
    I also have the grey bar issue, but I never had the forwarding patch installed. I did have to run EPR because I didn't remove some stuff before the update. However, I've removed everything now and the bar is still sitting at the bottom of every text. Is OSDoctor going to be my only recourse?
  14. Byookanun's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by wadka View Post
    I also have the grey bar issue, but I never had the forwarding patch installed. I did have to run EPR because I didn't remove some stuff before the update. However, I've removed everything now and the bar is still sitting at the bottom of every text. Is OSDoctor going to be my only recourse?
    I used the Doctor...connected to my palm profile and all my info is lost...palm had an outage last weekend and tons of people lost their data..
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wadka View Post
    I also have the grey bar issue, but I never had the forwarding patch installed. I did have to run EPR because I didn't remove some stuff before the update. However, I've removed everything now and the bar is still sitting at the bottom of every text. Is OSDoctor going to be my only recourse?
    Until Palm releases the WebDr for 1.3.1, you can't use the WebOS Repair Utility either. As long as you have your contacts backed up in your Google account, you're good to go with the WebDr. You'll be sent back to 1.2.1 and then you can update to 1.3.1 OTA.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  16. #16  
    hey guys i installed the patch from webos quick install and now i can forward msgs but not the ones with pics and also i dont have the conversations/buddies option, anybody knows why?
  17. sweetneas's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Byookanun View Post
    Thats what I thought however it doenst work for me and I ahve this solid grey bar under every message. It looks like it should be a hidden button for forwarding but its not hidden and forwarding doesnt work.

    I'd post a screen shot of what I'm talking about but I need 10 posts to post a link...fail
    I am having this same problem.

Posting Permissions