Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    One piece of interesting news on this topic - O2 has started offering to unlock iphones for free.
    I don't like posting links, but if you go to their website, shop, and iphone, under the "useful links" is the appropriate place.

    The reason I mention this is because the form you fill out includes "Select your phone model", and in that list is Palm Pre.

    Peter
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyermen View Post
    One piece of interesting news on this topic - O2 has started offering to unlock iphones for free.
    I don't like posting links, but if you go to their website, shop, and iphone, under the "useful links" is the appropriate place. The reason I mention this is because the form you fill out includes "Select your phone model", and in that list is Palm Pre.
    O2 are unlocking iPhones because their exclusivity deal has ended. They will refuse to unlock any model phone which is still exclusive to them, such as the Palm Pre. The form you're talking about isn't automated, someone looks at it before it's processed and it will be turned down. Even O2 in Ireland, which sells Pre's on PAYG, refuses to unlock Pre's even for a fee. If you want an IMEI unlock then you'll need to go to a third-party or else use the Rebel SIM.
  3.    #23  
    I managed to unlock the phone with a rebel sim + orange payg sim. The Orange sim was freshly activated on the orange Website.

    Great, now I can have it shipped to Hong Kong.
  4. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    IMEI code unlocking should be available nearly everywhere towards the end of this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Details? Do elaborate...?
    'End of this week' ? Today is Friday. So.... today?
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    Sorry, I meant this coming week. More and more third-party unlocking services will get the proper authentication details for Pre's in the UK towards the end of the week and be able to unlock your phone from O2.
    So, it is now the end of 'this week'... do you have any information to update us with ?
  5. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #25  
    ^ ...shootz ?? any update??
  6. #26  
    +1
  7. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #27  
    bumpage...
    Shootz? Any update for us?
  8. #28  
    I am using an O2 Pre with the Rebel SIM on Vodafone in the Republic also, no hassles. I've been roaming in EU recently as well, and as long as Ihad all email accounts set to manual update, no problems at all.

    Would still prefer an unlock if I can get it.

    Keep us posted.

    A
    | Nullius in Verba|Treo 650 -> Treo 750V -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> Pre Plus |
  9. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #29  
    Well apparantly goma is selling IMEI unlocked (Spanish) PREs. So it is possible. I'm surprised though that I haven't seen any other offers for this.

    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...heres-how.html
  10. #30  
    It's real... The Pre is the same sold in the UK, but here in Spain it can be unlocked by IMEI.
    David Gomez
  11. #31  
    "FWIW, I'm happily using a Rebel SIM with UK Vodafone with no issues, although I did need to borrow a friends contract O2 SIM for activation. With what I know now about setting the Rebel SIM mode (Mode 1 works for me) and clearing the network keys, that may not have been necessary and it may be possible to get away without an O2 sim at any point."

    Are you able to send an SMS without having to set up anything om the Rebel Sim. I activated on O2, then put in my UK VF sim with the rebel sim and everything works except SMS send - can receive fine but get an error about the Contact Centre Address when I try to send.

    Thought that it might just be a no go but relieved to hear that someone has been successful!

    Any directions or clues as to where to look would be great!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkcolumn View Post
    Are you able to send an SMS without having to set up anything om the Rebel Sim. I activated on O2, then put in my UK VF sim with the rebel sim and everything works except SMS send - can receive fine but get an error about the Contact Centre Address when I try to send.

    Thought that it might just be a no go but relieved to hear that someone has been successful!

    Any directions or clues as to where to look would be great!
    I can't remember to be honest. Initially I tried voice (fine) and data (not working). Then I cleared the network keys and changed the mode, and everything worked (including SMS).

    It sounds like it's not reading SMS service/contact centre number off the SIM properly, though why that should be the case I don't know I'm afraid. My VF sim is contract, by the way. Don't know if PAYG uses a different SMSC number?

    Richie
  13. #33  
    Has anyone tried this website to obtain IMEI unlock code unlockcellular(dot)com ($14.99)
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by beez276 View Post
    Has anyone tried this website to obtain IMEI unlock code unlockcellular(dot)com ($14.99)
    It looks suspect. For the Pre one of the options is Vodafone UK and everyone know that the Pre is only locked in the UK to O2.

    Gx
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    It looks suspect. For the Pre one of the options is Vodafone UK and everyone know that the Pre is only locked in the UK to O2.

    Gx
    True, true, dunno how I didn't notice that. Damn scammers. Also too cheap to be true.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions