Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I guess that makes sence from a delvelopers point of view.....
    What about Asia ?
    Sprint does not release sales numbers on any of their phones. I'm sure Palm is staying mum as part of an agreement with Sprint. If my phone outsold the G1, I'd sure as heck be champing at the bit to tell everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I'd love to know for estimations of market size for paid apps.
    Seems like a better estimate for app sales expectations would come from numbers of downloads, which I believe can be gotten from the app catalog with a patch or two. Of course, that only works for the American market at the moment.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I'd love to know for estimations of market size for paid apps.
    Just guessing based on the patch referenced above, but I'd say probably 10-20k app purchases total. This is based on a rough average of 250 downloads per paid app (some have 0, some have 3,000+).
    I'm guessing Palm isn't saying anything simply because whatever they say would be spun in the worst possible way. Really, how many units would be considered a success? 500,000? 1 million? 2 million? 10 million? What's the standard--previous Palm sales, previous product launches (which ones?), G1 sales, iPhone sales, Storm sales?

For Palm's investors, what's most important is revenues and profits. Since to my knowledge no investor has sued for this information, and neither has the SEC, it's apparently not required nor perhaps even expected. In light of that, I think no information is a good policy.
    Last edited by wynand32; 11/06/2009 at 06:57 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    For Palm's investors, what's most important is revenues and profits. Since to my knowledge no investor has sued for this information, and neither has the SEC, it's apparently not required nor perhaps even expected. In light of that, I think no information is a good policy.
    No need to sue for that information since Palm released that information in September for their fiscal Q1 2010, ended August 28th.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    No need to sue for that information since Palm released that information in September for their fiscal Q1 2010, ended August 28th.
    I meant, specific Pre numbers...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12