Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hi all -- I'm a new Pre owner, but I've been following along since before the release and was finally able to make the switch. It has definitely been worth the wait. I knew there were some things missing from the Pre, and I'm glad that these brilliant developers are helping close the gaps.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this before -- let me explain. When in the Messaging app, you can switch from IM to SMS. However, I encountered a complication -- when tapping the dropdown to switch to SMS, it displays multiple numbers for my contact -- Home and Mobile. I'm not sure why the Home number shows, but all I really want is to have the phone type display next to the number. Otherwise, I'm unable to determine which number to choose. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I don't know anyone's phone number, just how to search for their name.

I attached an image where I drew in what I was looking for.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any developers up for the challenge?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    That would be a nice feature. However, you do know that you can send text messages to land lines.
    Freaked my girlfriend out with that one LOL!
    additionally, sometimes ppl mislabel items on their phone, or synergy pulls them as what they are listed as.. making you unable to send a text to the number because it is mislabeled would be troublesome.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letocj View Post
    That would be a nice feature. However, you do know that you can send text messages to land lines.
    True. I still want to know where my txt is going. I'm hoping someone comes up with a patch for this until Palm realizes and fixes it.