1.    #1  
    When? And what about an all-in-one app such as trillian?
    Theres a patch for Yahoo IM and it works fine - only qualm is that it logs you in no matter if you want it to or not - should be a toggle....
    Yahoo IM is also supposedly going to be natively added soon for the Pixi and I assume that'll propagate to the Pre.
    where is the patch... what is it called?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just received a replacement phone from Sprint's Insurance system called Assurion. My original Pre DID NOT have Yahoo as an option under messenging, but the new phone I was sent DOES HAVE Yahoo Messenger as an option! What's even stranger is, the webOS version is 1.1.0 (not 1.2.1) and the configuration is Sprint 1.7 (not 1.8). I'm nervous to update the phone because I dont want to lose it! I've heard that a few other Pre owners were blessed with Yahoo messenger randomly included, do any of you lucky few know if it remains after your phone was updated to webOS version 1.2.1 / Sprint 1.8 ??

Maybe you should all check your messenger preferences & accounts now to see if you also have Yahoo Messenger!
    My refurb Pre came with 1.1 and had Yahoo Messenger in it. Then I updated to 1.2.1, and it still has Yahoo Messenger. Also, after I webOS Doctored my previous Pre with 1.2.1, it got native Yahoo Messenger support. Looks like native support for all would likely be in the next OS update.
    Here, this is what you're looking for:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I would love to have Trillian on my Pre! Talk about easy peasy.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    I would love to have Trillian on my Pre! Talk about easy peasy.
    Trillian sucks on PC, screw having a mobile version!

Hey do I know you from somewhere?
  10.    #10  
    Trillian works fine for me on the pc
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    So I went ahead and updated my replacement phone to webOS 1.2.1 and it kept my Yahoo Messenger account that I had entered when it had webOS 1.1 BUT it took away the option to add a Yahoo Messenger account once it had been updated. REALLY bizarre...I'm NOT using the homebrewed version of anything. All native Palm...
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Trillian sucks on PC, screw having a mobile version!

Hey do I know you from somewhere?
    Trillian always works great for me.

I don't know...do you? Haha.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craquehore View Post
    So I went ahead and updated my replacement phone to webOS 1.2.1 and it kept my Yahoo Messenger account that I had entered when it had webOS 1.1 BUT it took away the option to add a Yahoo Messenger account once it had been updated. REALLY bizarre...I'm NOT using the homebrewed version of anything. All native Palm...

So while it has kept the Yahoo Account I was able to set up with webOS 1.1, it won't let me log-in now that I've updated. The little circle/wheel just spins and spins and spins and...
    that SUX
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Trillian always works great for me.

I don't know...do you? Haha.
    It may work, but I prefer Pidgin or Digsby to Trillian, by a long shot