1.    #1  
    One of my friends has a Pre and would like to deactivate it but he still wants to use webOS. It's activated and on Sprint. If he deactivates it with Sprint will he still be able to use webOS or will it get hung up on the activation screen?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I kno music in stuff would still work...but dnt try wifi....it would reset ur phone to palm profile...happen to me
    As long as he doesn't Doctor it, he'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    I kno music in stuff would still work...but dnt try wifi....it would reset ur phone to palm profile...happen to me
    Total garbage. I bought a used Pre and I was actually TRYING to get the other person's stuff off there. I tried partial erase, full erase, etc. and NOTHING worked. The ONLY way for me to get his stuff off was to Doctor it. And yes, I used WiFi plenty of times before Doctoring and nothing happened.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    <<edited by berd>>.....I'm not talkin about webos doctor......I'm talkin bout on the web when the phone is deactivates.....wifi will not work............how you go tell me what happen to my phone....ha
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/06/2009 at 01:22 AM.
    Everything works as normal over wifi, the only thing you lose is your network data connection of course.
    <<edited by berd>>.....I'm not talkin about webos doctor......I'm talkin bout on the web when the phone is deactivates.....wifi will not work............how you go tell me what happen to my phone....ha
    You are incorrect. My Pre is currently deactivated and browsing the web over wifi works just fine.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/06/2009 at 01:21 AM.
  8.    #8  
    So he'd be able to launch apps and use webOS but not use EVDO or 1XRTT or anything. I wouldn't expect that stuff to work because that would require Sprint.

So he'd be able to use the UI, and get google maps over WiFi and everything?
    <<edited by berd>>

<<edited by berd>>....I'm not talkin about webos doctor......I'm talkin bout on the web when the phone is deactivates.....wifi will not work............how you go tell me what happen to my phone....ha

keep in mind....thatz what happen TO MY PHONE......I worked for a min on wifi....I must lost connect..after that it reset the loaded up on palm profile
    If you deactivate your Sprint service your Palm Pre will continue to operate normally except in areas that cellular data is required (text messages perhaps?). GPS radio also requires cell service I think but there is a hack for that now.

However if you webOS Doctor your Pre it will require you to reactivate it with a Palm profile which would require a Sprint cellular connection. However there is also a patch/hack to fix this issue as well.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/06/2009 at 01:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    You are incorrect. My Pre is currently deactivated and browsing the web over wifi works just fine.
    keep in mind....thatz what happen TO MY PHONE......I worked for a min on wifi....I must lost connect..after that it reset the loaded up on palm profile
    Offending Posts were deleted.
    Please keep it civil.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Offending Posts were deleted.
    Please keep it civil.
    what about this then.....dnt take what I said off an keep his on=Seriously..
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/06/2009 at 01:32 AM.
    what about this then.....dnt take what I said off an keep his on=Seriously...
    Honestly, I had a hard time understanding what you said.

I think I see now what you were trying to say:

'Why delete what you said and not delete his insulting comment?'

<<done>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    btw simple solution use Webos-Internals Meta-Doctor
    For the OP:

More about bypassing activation if webOS Doctor is run for your friend.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html

Also a link to the GPS stuff if that's needed:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-enable...e-gps-cdma-pre

Basically you had it right. Your friend will be able to use his Pre for all things that don't require the cellular radio.

Things got a bit "off track," sorry about that. Street/drug dealer slang gets me going.