1.    #1  
    I brought my UK Pre on release day and today my earpiece seemed to have problem where I couldn't hear anything, so the only way I could hear people was to turn the speaker on.

I thought it may have been a bad patch i'd installed but I wiped the phone and I still had the problem.

I know people have talked about the build quality of the Pre before and I am presuming that slider phones are more susceptible to connections coming loose etc. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before, just three weeks in to owning one.
  2.    #3  
    Thank you very much, that's fantastic, I completely forgot to search first, sorry about that.

So when it gets stuck in headset mode that is from taking out something from the headphone jack sometimes, I was listening to music in my car earlier so I presume that was it. Is this a known software bug or due to hardware etc?
    It's oh so common.
    It's too bad also.
    It's an issue that was common clear back with the Treo 650.
    It is really a shame it's back with the Pre.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #5  
    That is terrible, no chance of it getting fixed in 1.3.1 or by a patch. I love listening to my music in the car on the way to University so that's annoying. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billfred View Post
    That is terrible, no chance of it getting fixed in 1.3.1 or by a patch. I love listening to my music in the car on the way to University so that's annoying. Thanks.
    This is a hw issue (pin) that reflects in the SW (causing the Pre to think it is in headphone mode). Maybe a work-around in sw but the source seems to be hw related (which can't be fixed in an OTA update).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6.    #7  
    I know I see patches for having roam only modes etc, would a patch be able to be written to switch between headphone mode etc. If the software detects that it is in headphone mode and only outputs to the headphone socket surely this can be manipulated by a patch?