Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I get so excited when I see new apps in the catalog. I wait for them all week and check many times a day to see if there's anything new. Then when they show up I eagerly go through each one...like unwrapping a present.

How about you guys??
    Its pretty sad but true!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    And each present you open is a package of socks. You have 300+ packages of socks. How do you feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    And each present you open is a package of socks. You have 300+ packages of socks. How do you feel?
    That's even better than the answer I was gonna give.
    Maybe two months ago, now most new apps are underwhelming at best
    not really
    I was looking over the iPhone apps the other day, and was completely underwhelemed with what I saw.

I'm serious, there was absolutely nothing in there that I could use, with one small exception (the exception isn't an app, it's a use).

I found lots of stuff in there that I could "use" as a complaint about the uselessness of it all.

Of course, I don't use an iPhone.

See how this silly, useless response applies to some of those on here...
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Maybe two months ago, now most new apps are underwhelming at best
    Here we go again...

Out of the 100k Iphone apps, what percentage would you guess are "good" apps? I'm going to say maybe 0.02% (20 out of 100k). Out of those that you call "good", I doubt you would even purchase a majority of those anyways, me included.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Out of the 100k Iphone apps, what percentage would you guess are "good" apps? I'm going to say maybe 0.02% (20 out of 100k). Out of those that you call "good", I doubt you would even purchase a majority of those anyways, me included.
    This isn't about the iPhone.

EDIT: Not only that, if the iPhone has only 20 worthwhile apps out of 100k, Palm's app catalog is going to be absolute garbage forever.
    The OP says he feels like it's Christmas when there are new apps in the catalog.

I feel like it's Christmas, and all the presents, even the realllyyyyy small ones, are wrapped to tight that I cannot open them, and they sit there, taunting me.

I guess what I mean is, FIX THE APP DOWNLOAD LIMIT PALM! Even with the patch installed, I cant install so much as a 90k app!
    This isn't about the iPhone.
    Yes, this isn't about the Iphone, it's about giving perspective. My point is that there's going to be a hugely large percentage of apps that we individually will not want to buy no matter what platform (Xbox, PC, Pre...). Just give it some time and there will be apps that you want.

To further state the Iphone...when first released, there were only web apps that were run in the web browser until the full SDK was released. Its the nature of a new platform for developers to work on.