Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pack21 View Post
    I heard from a friend, that in a palm unlocked by IMEI, if you upgrade to WebOS 1.4, the unlock will be loss....is this true? because i will have one in same condictions and i am afraid to upgrade to WebOS 1.4.
    NOT TRUE. I have a unlocked Spanish Pre with 1.4 installed and it is still unlocked.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    NOT TRUE. I have a unlocked Spanish Pre with 1.4 installed and it is still unlocked.
    Mine still work 1.4 updated!! Bought from Spain.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    what is a querty pre please?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Mine still work 1.4 updated!! Bought from Spain.
    glad to hear that, maybe he did mess with the Rebel sim card issue.

I am dead to receive my Pre .... and I assume, the webOS 1.4 is better than 1.3, so I would like upgrade.
    I heard from a friend, that in a palm unlocked by IMEI, if you upgrade to WebOS 1.4, the unlock will be loss....is this true? because i will have one in same condictions and i am afraid to upgrade to WebOS 1.4.
    HOGWASH!

I have an unlocked Spanish Movistar Pre, and 1.4 installed and runs on it fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    HOGWASH!

I have an unlocked Spanish Movistar Pre, and 1.4 installed and runs on it fine.
    Uff.....nice to see another confirmation....that was false alarm what i heard.....for sure it was the mess with Rebel issue.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vactor View Post
    what is a querty pre please?
    QWERTY describes the typewriter keyboard used by the English speaking world. (refers to the keys on the left hand end of the top row of character keys. Compare with German - QWERTZ, French - AZERTY etc
    Last edited by johncc; 03/10/2010 at 11:18 PM.
    Not true, I have a Spanish Pre here in Aus working fine on 1.4, BUT I did get the slightly more expensive unlock solution, than the one that is on offer at the moment. Maybe it's a better unlock??
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Maybe it's a better unlock??
    That's what I keep telling myself too. (but I don't believe it)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Not true, I have a Spanish Pre here in Aus working fine on 1.4, BUT I did get the slightly more expensive unlock solution, than the one that is on offer at the moment. Maybe it's a better unlock??
    What are the unlock solutions available, can you tell me??
    None at the moment.

I asked O2 UK to unlock my pre and they flat refused telling me to try again after a year
    Quote Originally Posted by gnugeek View Post
    None at the moment.

I asked O2 UK to unlock my pre and they flat refused telling me to try again after a year
    we're talking about the spanish pre here
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney88 View Post
    What are the unlock solutions available, can you tell me??
    Precentral users goma and zkyevolved have supplied unlocked Spanish Pre in the past. Not sure of the current situation. PM them.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    we're talking about the spanish pre here
    There are no unlock solutions for ANY Pre's worldwide unless the carrier does it for you. Rebel sim cards are having issues with WebOS 1.4.1

So basically we are out of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by gnugeek View Post
    There are no unlock solutions for ANY Rebel sim cards are having issues with WebOS 1.4.1
    Not true, works perfectly, had to patch when upgrading to 1.4, but did 1.4.1 OTA and experienced no problems
    Hey guys, are you living in one topic?
    Don't you see that i have unlocked the Pre about 2 weeks ago and you are talking about Rebel simcard?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...41#post2380141
    Check this out!
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Well, my "unlocked" Movistar Pre from Goma is locked here in Italy.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    When did you buy it?

Wait, did Palm relock your unlocked Pre when you sent it to Palm UK for repair???
    You should start a thread to notify people, cause this is alarming.
    It might be alarming to you, but it's not surprising to me. It's standard policy to ship out a refurbished, or, if you're lucky, maybe even a brand new phone.

Heck, even if they had to specifically replace your motherboard on your Pre and then ship it back, as inefficient as that may seem, the phone's NOT gonna be unlocked. with that new mobo.

Maybe if you dropped them a note in the box, or took that up with the rep you spoke with on the phone... they would have known you had a special Pre and been able to accommodate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    It might be alarming to you, but it's not surprising to me. It's standard policy to ship out a refurbished, or, if you're lucky, maybe even a brand new phone.
    This is true, in fact one Aussie user had a bit of a delay while GOMA "re-unlocked" a refurb/replacement.

Interestingly here in Australia at least, Apples iPhone refurbs are often unlocked i believe.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast