Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Is goma's phone really unlocked or they use a rebel SIM? im in CA w/ T-mobile and would love to use it on their network.

For those that got their phone already from him, have u guys experienced the oreo efffect?
    Last edited by meCka; 12/19/2009 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by meCka View Post
    Is goma's phone really unlocked or they use a rebel SIM? im in CA w/ T-mobile and would love to use it on their network.

For those that got their phone already from him, have u guys experienced the oreo efffect?
    It is really unlocked. I have no oreo effect at all. Had the oreo effect before with two qwertz pre's. This one from goma just has a slight 1mm movement, which is normal.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    It is really unlocked. I have no oreo effect at all. Had the oreo effect before with two qwertz pre's. This one from goma just has a slight 1mm movement, which is normal.
    What provider are u using it with? I want to use mine with tmobile but will i be able to create a profile just by putting in my SIM Card? or does it have to be activated with a Movistar branded SIM card?
    Last edited by meCka; 12/23/2009 at 02:08 AM.
    I purchased a new imei unlocked Palm Pre phone by Goma, and it works great. Shipping took 3 or 4 days and the phone works like a charm. Really unlocked, no REBEL simcard bull****. Just good!
    What provider are u using it with? I want to use mine with tmobile but will i be able to create a profile just by putting in my SIM Card? or does it have to be activated with a Movistar branded SIM card?
    I use tmobile in the Netherlands. There are two ways to create your profile: With a sim on which 3g works by default, update os to 1.3.1. Then use your own sim to change manual settings or just edit carriernetorksettings db. So I did not use a movistar sim.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I use tmobile in the Netherlands. There are two ways to create your profile: With a sim on which 3g works by default, update os to 1.3.1. Then use your own sim to change manual settings or just edit carriernetorksettings db. So I did not use a movistar sim.
    So is it better to have him create the profile for me under my name and ship it like that? He said he was updating it to 1.3.1 before he would send it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opperhoof View Post
    I purchased a new imei unlocked Palm Pre phone by Goma, and it works great. Shipping took 3 or 4 days and the phone works like a charm. Really unlocked, no REBEL simcard bull****. Just good!
    @Goma: do you still have Pre's left? An e-bay link would be great, or pm me the link, as you prefer.
    So is it better to have him create the profile for me under my name and ship it like that? He said he was updating it to 1.3.1 before he would send it.
    You could do that. Or just create your own profile as i did. Should be easy since its updated to 1.3.1,
    Quote Originally Posted by biggdaddyt View Post
    Anyone with ATT in the states purchase one of these? .
    Purchased a Telcel Palm Pre, and no unlocking is available yet. I've been patiently waiting for someone to answer this question and whether 3G works on AT&T in the USA on these IMEI unlocked Movistar Spain Pre's.

BTW Goma's latest auction has ended on eBay.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Goma is an excellent and honest seller. i purchased one from him and was unable to get 3G on ATT.
    I got my GSM Palm Pre from goma today.
    It work perfectly with Chunhwa Telecom in Taiwan, including voice & 3G.
    I'm curious about how it works.
    But most important is I got a Palm Pre.

thanks goma!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

How can i flash my movistar gsm pre to 1.3.1? which webOS doctor do i use?
    Another happy customer for one of goma's unlocked Spanish Pre phones here. Took a bit longer than anticipated due to Christmas (11 days Madrid - Sydney), but it was worth the wait. I organised mine via PM and email. It came with 1.3.1 which should facilitate hooking it up to a carrier. (Thanks David)

First impressions; smaller than I expected, great screen, keyboard top row a bit restricted but I'm sure that I will get used to it. Build quality, including slider fine. Works for calls and SMS with my current non-3G sim.

I will report in the Aussie thread ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...re-thread.html ) on my attempts to get 3G later
    Last edited by johncc; 12/31/2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added 1.3.1 reference
    How can i flash my movistar gsm pre to 1.3.1? which webOS doctor do i use?
    Just use the webos doctor for gsm 1.3.1. You'll find it after a little search.

AR
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I just ordered mine on eBay from goma...can't wait to receive it. First time buying a Palm (coming from an iPhone). I will let you guys know how everything goes, will be using it on AT&T.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi Michau!
    You have unlocked Your Pre with PlusGSM SIM card, right? Thats great!
    I just bought my Pre.
    It's o2 UK Locked Phone.
    It was shipeed with o2 SIM card, but I wasn't able to create my Profile with it.
    I'm afraid that's due to o2 roaming only in Poland (yes, I'm from Poland too).
    So, I hope I could create Profile with my Rebel 'unlocked' SIM card (Orange I supouse).

A teraz po polsku
    Michale, udało Ci się stworzyć profil na odblokowanym Pre już z zainstalowaną kartą z Plusa.
    Świetnie. Daje mi to nadzieję na to, że będę mgł stworzyć swj profil jak tylko dojdzie do mnie karta Rebel Sim. Posiadam co prawda SIMa o2 (moja wersja Pre to brytyjski model z SIM Lockiem)ale nie jestem w stanie stworzyć profilu za jej pomocą.
    Myślę, że to dlatego iż SIM z o2 działa w Polsce jedynie w roamingu (i - przynajmniej u mnie - bez 3G).
    Dzięki za posta i rozpoczęcie tematu.
    PS
    Jest jakieś polskie forum Pre??
    Pozdrawiam
    -pretoo-
    I will have more QWERTY unlocked GSM Pres next week.
    David Gomez
    Goma - PM sent.
    I've got one on order as well :-) Can't wait!! David has been great with communication! Recommend him to all.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3