Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post
    Hi bennish,

It seems that the model that goma is selling is the NA model Palm with the following specs: Cellular;Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900

Looks like Optus will roam for you

Goma, can you confirm that the ones you are selling are the Pre GSM NA model? Thanks!
    They are the Spanish European Pre - there is no north american GSM pre yet (well at least for another week or so assuming the info is correct)
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie66 View Post
    I received my Palm Pre Qwerty GSM yesterday, thanks to Goma

I'm with Virgin Mobile (Optus) here in Australia, although it recognised the network, I did not get a 3G symbol and and could not create a profile due to no data

So used my Vodafone sim and it showed the 3G symbol and I could create a profile, sync etc

I then flashed to 1.3.1 (Sprint) and then used my Virgin sim, created the appropriate APN and now get the 3G symbol and can sync, surf and do MMS

All good so far

S.
    i'm having the same issue, virgin won't do it. I'll see if i can borrow a vodafone one or something.

but in one of the lists here at precentral, it had all the carriers that are programmed in, and virgin mobile was one of them!! as in, it had virgin's apn and everything already in! so i don't understand??? it's not a german one i'm using, it's spanish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie66 View Post
    I received my Palm Pre Qwerty GSM yesterday, thanks to Goma

I'm with Virgin Mobile (Optus) here in Australia, although it recognised the network, I did not get a 3G symbol and and could not create a profile due to no data

So used my Vodafone sim and it showed the 3G symbol and I could create a profile, sync etc

I then flashed to 1.3.1 (Sprint) and then used my Virgin sim, created the appropriate APN and now get the 3G symbol and can sync, surf and do MMS

All good so far

S.
    hi there,

bit of a rookie here...but what do you mean by "flashed to 1.3.1"? i have an optus sim card in oz also, and i am chomping at the bit to get onto the pre...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    No this phone will not work with North American 3G on AT&T right?

I need to find one of these Mexican pres!!
    I got my pre from Goma! And I'm using it with T-mobile Edge, how ever there are only 60 something apps in the appstore..... and most of it are in Spanish. Hope Palm will fix it soon and let us buy US apps!
    Got the GSM from goma today. Inserted T-Mobile Puerto Rico SIM, worked without problems. It even went through the profile screen. It only works on EDGE since T-Mobile PRPRPR $does$'$nt$ $yet$ $have$ $3g$. $Updating$ $to$ $1$.$3$.$1$ $as$ $I$ $write$ $this$.. $Will$ $keep$ $you$ $posted$.
    Apologies if I missed it, but has anybody reported the full functioning of an unlocked Spanish (goma) Pre on an Australian carrier?
    how much does it cost? and does it works with a fido simcard (canada)?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Anyone with ATT in the states purchase one of these? If so please attach a screen shot or two. If we can get confirmation I may pick one up also.
    Yes, My unlocked Spanish (goma) Pre is working on Virgin Mobile

However I had to add the APN for Virgin Mobile for data (3G) to work

I have briefly tried it with a Vodafone sim and that work fine with no additional setup, I used that sim to create the profile, then flashed to 1.3.1 swapped the sim to virgin and then added in the APN for Virgin and its been fine every since

There is an issue with the app store, I only see 67 apps, but believe the issue is effecting lot of people

S.
    Quote Originally Posted by opiuman View Post
    how much does it cost? and does it works with a fido simcard (canada)?
    up

is it still avaible?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I was planning to buy one too, but now with all the app catalog drama and such, I will wait with replacing my German Pre with a QWERTY version till everything is solved, or even until the Pre or its follow up device will be available officially in the Netherlands.
    AT&T Puerto Rico SIM also worked on Pre from Movistar., but no 3G.
    I have ordered a Pre from Goma. Just waiting for delivery now. Am getting a little concerned that it will cost me an arm and a leg to run on the Movistar pre-pay network here in Spain. Has anyone tried this?

I can't get an on-account set up as I am not a Spanish resident!

(Edit) Hmmm.. another thought... I am relatively mobile in that I don't really have a country I call home. Is a profile based on the carrier, your location or your handset? Was thinking about this in terms of the App Store. If I move to the US, does that give me access to the US App Store?
    Last edited by graemer; 12/15/2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Anyone here have experience with GSM Pre in combination with T-Mobile in the Netherlands?
    Got my Pre from Goma about a week ago now. I am using it successfully on T-mobile Netherlands. Had a QWERTZ pre before without problems, but both of the german pre's had the oreo effect. This pre from goma has not. Reverted the app catalog to 1.1.3 so enough apps now. Before, with standard app catalog I had about 89 apps...
    So I'm very happy with my perfectly running pre finally!

AR
    That is very, very good news! Thank you.
    Also, do you have 3G, internet, mms etc, and everything works okay?
    Ordering one soon.
    Well 3g is working by either changing the carrier apn settings, or do an upgrade to 1.3.1 from another sim-card and enter apn settings manually. Everything is perfect! I did not try mms, but checked the settings in the carriersettings file, they are correct without the need to change them. So guess its ok on T-mobile NL. If you have any questions after you get ur pre, just ask...

AR
    Chiming in: I got my Pre from Goma today and after skipping the setup with web-os-meta-doctor, it asked me for 3G settings. I entered the TMobile settings from this topic and now calling and texting works (I've never done MMS in my life).
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast