Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Only Spanish ones
    David Gomez
    Goma,

Is it possible to get an invoice with VAT??
    No, sorry I'm not a shop.
    David Gomez
    Quote Originally Posted by goma View Post
    Some of you asked by private about the bands in which operate the Pre sold in Spain.

Palm Pre Radio
    Dual band WCDMA/HSDPA (850/1900 or 900/2100)
    Quadband GSM/GPRS/EGPRS (850/900/1800/1900)

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/support/d...UG_WR_esES.pdf
    Does this mean the Spainish Pre would work in the USA on the ATT network?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I think so. I have talked with Palm and they say yes. I sold one last week to USA, when it arrives I'll say you something, I hope good new
    David Gomez
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have one on the way to the US. Will let you know. Here is a copy of chat with tech support last week with the Palm guys in Spain (I think) and then in the US...

10:15 AM Jbcross: Traveling to the US with this device for an extended stay. I see that the manual says it supports:
    --------------
    Radio
    • Banda dual WCDMA/HSDPA (850/1900 o 900/
    2100)
    • Cuatribanda GSM/GPRS/EGPRS (850/900/1800/
    1900)
    --------------
    thier 3G is 850/1900 - will this pre support 3G in the US??

10:16 AM L. Di Marco: May I have the serial number of the device?

10:16 AM Jbcross: i do not have it available to me at the moment

10:18 AM L. Di Marco: Good, could you give me one moment while I'm doing some research to answer your question?

10:18 AM Jbcross: Yes.

10:23 AM Jbcross: here is the seriel number - P5FU09Wxxxxxx

10:24 AM L. Di Marco: Sir, the phone does support 3G. If you will be in the United States, you will have to use
    roaming or you will have to contact your carrier for more specifications about 3G coverage.

10:25 AM L. Di Marco: This is your session ID number, please keep it as a reference number for further assistance. It is xxxxxxx.

10:26 AM Jbcross: I am aware of the limitations of roaming, and the fact that it is based upon the service i contract with the carrier, however my specific question is - Is this Pre capable of using the 850/1900 3G bands - specifically?

10:28 AM L. Di Marco: Sir, you mean being in the United States right?

10:28 AM Jbcross: correct

10:31 AM Jbcross: I know this to me is confusing, as there is much conflicting infomation out there. But i understand that the 3G bands used in the US are different then are used in the rest of the world...

10:32 AM L. Di Marco: Yes, sir it is capable of using the 850/1900 3G bands being in the United States.

10:33 AM Jbcross: Great. as the info I had before indicated that the 850/1900 bands would only be GSM/Edge - and NOT 3G

10:36 AM Jbcross: Thank you for confirming this. Is there any other info you want to pass on to me or check into?

10:38 AM L. Di Marco: the 850/1900 GSM/Edge is compatible with 3G so there should be no inconvenient using the PRE over the US

10:39 AM Jbcross: *** I understand that the device will function in the US. I am trying to confirm that it will work utilizing the faster speeds on the 3G frequencies of the network.

10:41 AM L. Di Marco: It should it depends on the signals and how the Pre will deal with that signal.

10:43 AM Jbcross: I appreciate your time and efforts on my questions. Is there a way that you can confirm it as a yes or no? I dont want to sound critical, but saying "it should" is just not an acceptable answer from my perspective.

10:47 AM L. Di Marco: Actually I cannot be more specific just because we work with different systems than in the US. What I recommend you to do for more specifications is to contact the US technical support.

10:48 AM Jbcross: do you have a link for US techical support?

10:48 AM L. Di Marco: Give me one moment please.

10:49 AM L. Di Marco: <http://www.palm.com/us/>

10:49 AM Jbcross: thank you
    10:55 AM Kiefer: Hello Jeff.
    10:55 AM Kiefer: How may I help you today?
    10:56 AM Jbcross: Hi Kiefer. I have been chatting with palm support in Spain and they said i need to check with you. can i paste in the contents of that chat?
    10:56 AM Kiefer: Sure, please go ahead.
    10:56 AM Jbcross: 10:15 AM L. Di Marco: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support, how can I help you?
    10:57 AM Kiefer: Please give me 3 minutes while I go through the information.
    10:57 AM Jbcross: thank you
    10:57 AM Kiefer: You are welcome.
    11:01 AM Kiefer: Thank you for staying on hold.
    11:01 AM Kiefer: Yes, palm Pre supports 3G technology in US.
    11:02 AM Jbcross: Thank you Kiefer. I will be able to use Att and Rogers during my time in the N. America then, I appreciate you assistance.
    11:03 AM Kiefer: You are most welcome.
    11:03 AM Kiefer: Here’s the reference number for our chat: Chat session ID number xxxxx. Keep this number as a record of this chat.
    11:03 AM Kiefer: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    11:03 AM Jbcross: no. thank you.
    Last edited by jbcross; 11/18/2009 at 08:11 AM.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Can show a Pic or vedio? I am so interesting about this news. thanks
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Am I correct in assuming these will fully support 3G in the UK?

I'm considering the Rebel Sim at the minute but this seems like a better solution!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Interesting.... the New Bell/Telus HSPA network is the same as what is overseas, so I'm sure this would work on the new Bell network as well. If they would let the GSM phone on it I guess....

GReat work Goma, giving another option to all of the North American Pre owners!
    Doz007 in the UK yes, is the same model sold in Spain.
    David Gomez
    dalewinterstein is from South Africa and he has no problem in his country with the Pre GSM I sold him
    David Gomez
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goma View Post
    Doz007 in the UK yes, is the same model sold in Spain.
    Great stuff, do they have a QWERTY keyboard also?
    Yes Doz007, they have Qwerty keyboard.
    David Gomez
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I ordered mine from goma, it's on its way now. Already got my touchstone and seido from precentral

I'm confused about this 850 and 900 stuff. I need 900/2100, hope I won't be getting an 850/1900?
    As soon as I see confirmation from a user that the GSM Pre works on the AT&T 3G network then I will be buying one.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    anybody having hardware issues with their Pre? Thinking about ordering one to Iceland, but I want to make sure it doesn't have oreo or dead pixel's or light bleading.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I am waiting for confirmation of T-Mobile.

I have a My Touch, but I really hate the Calendar and Notes stuff. It's very simplistic, even compared to my old Treo 680.
    Seattle Area Realtor - www.atruehome.com
    www.Ragnaroc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    I ordered mine from goma, it's on its way now. Already got my touchstone and seido from precentral

I'm confused about this 850 and 900 stuff. I need 900/2100, hope I won't be getting an 850/1900?
    Hi bennish,

It seems that the model that goma is selling is the NA model Palm with the following specs: Cellular;Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900

Looks like Optus will roam for you
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post
    Hi bennish,

It seems that the model that goma is selling is the NA model Palm with the following specs: Cellular;Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900

Looks like Optus will roam for you
    Don't you mean 900/2100? There are several people in this thread stating it works on 2100 in EU, this is the Spain version.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I received my Palm Pre Qwerty GSM yesterday, thanks to Goma

I'm with Virgin Mobile (Optus) here in Australia, although it recognised the network, I did not get a 3G symbol and and could not create a profile due to no data

So used my Vodafone sim and it showed the 3G symbol and I could create a profile, sync etc

I then flashed to 1.3.1 (Sprint) and then used my Virgin sim, created the appropriate APN and now get the 3G symbol and can sync, surf and do MMS

All good so far

S.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast