1.    #1  
    Hi!

On a trip to Germany I picked up an unlocked Pre...

When i got home, very exited, i popped in my TELIA simcard... It didnt work.. "No service - sos only"

I then tried with my other card from the company TDC.. It worked perfectly and i activated my phone..

Thing is.. My "main" phonenumber is the TELIA one that does not work...

What can i do? I read somewhere, on this forum, that it is caused by a corrupted database file?

I have very little experience with the linux hacking world, and even less experience, when it comes to apn settings and so on...

Could someone give me some step by step directions on what to do? Its the TELIA settings that is corrupted..

Thanx!
  2.    #2  
    BTW. The Telia simcard does not work AT ALL... I cant even make a phonecall etc... Its totally useless...
  3.    #3  
    Anyone?
    Palm has promised that they'll make it possible to add custom service providers in the next firmware update which is believe to be release no sooner than 2 weeks

Write me a pm in danish if it's easier.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Is the phone activated? Can you use other SIM in Pre to make calls?

It could be a SIM issue
  6.    #6  
    Yes i may use other simcards in my Pre... I activated it with one from TDC.. And the telia simcard works just fine JUST not in my pre.. this is starting to **** me off... I've bought a device in the hope, and believe, that it would work with my simcard, since its unlocked.. Palm better be quick with that firmware update... Right now they are leaving potential AND unsatisfied (like me) costumers, behind and in the dust... Its just not fair that you buy an unlocked phone, and it does not even work with every single simcard/provider in the world.. Its a smartphone... But then again its not that smart... Please Palm.. Man up!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    You know it could be a SIM card issue, if its possible ask your operator to change your SIM card (i think that should be free).

Because with the unlocked phone you should get at least voice+sms features on activated phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol88 View Post
    Hi!

On a trip to Germany I picked up an unlocked Pre...

When i got home, very exited, i popped in my TELIA simcard... It didnt work.. "No service - sos only"

I then tried with my other card from the company TDC.. It worked perfectly and i activated my phone..

Thing is.. My "main" phonenumber is the TELIA one that does not work...

What can i do? I read somewhere, on this forum, that it is caused by a corrupted database file?

I have very little experience with the linux hacking world, and even less experience, when it comes to apn settings and so on...

Could someone give me some step by step directions on what to do? Its the TELIA settings that is corrupted..

Thanx!
    Hi

If you don't use a PIN-code with your sim-card. This could be the problem. Put the SIM-card in your old phone and activate the PIN security. Then try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol88 View Post
    Yes i may use other simcards in my Pre... I activated it with one from TDC.. And the telia simcard works just fine JUST not in my pre.. this is starting to **** me off... I've bought a device in the hope, and believe, that it would work with my simcard, since its unlocked.. Palm better be quick with that firmware update... Right now they are leaving potential AND unsatisfied (like me) costumers, behind and in the dust... Its just not fair that you buy an unlocked phone, and it does not even work with every single simcard/provider in the world.. Its a smartphone... But then again its not that smart... Please Palm.. Man up!
    Hi lol88,

I now have hacked the Carrierdb file and have Telia DK working, data sms everything.

Just say the word and I will mail you the file. Or if your'e in the neighbourhood Ballerup, I can put in on your phone.

Cheers

Morten E.
    I used mcn: 20 and smsc no: +4528187000