Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
  1.    #1  
    Right now with me, its the fact that we dont have Yahoo Messenger integrated into synergy. On my palm pre, I always used yahoo messenger, and loved that it would alert me of new messages. I want that experience on the pre. Thats the only messenger I really use.

    I heard that the pixi is going to have it, and since that is a webos phone, its only clear to say that pre should get that too. I just hope that we would get that alot sooner than the pixi release.
  2.    #2  
    one thing i just noticed is that under a contact for IM address they have yahoo google msn jabber icq qq and skype, and when I click on a contacts IM name for yahoo, it opens up the messenger app. how odd. that they would program the phone to do that, when its not supported yet for that IM service.

    Nevermind, it tricked me. first time I clicked it, it didnt show the window that it was unsupported. but now i'm getting it everytime.. *sigh* palm, you make me cry
  3. #3  
    The overall laggy feeling it has when opening apps
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zikon View Post
    Right now with me, its the fact that we dont have Yahoo Messenger integrated into synergy. On my palm pre, I always used yahoo messenger, and loved that it would alert me of new messages. I want that experience on the pre. Thats the only messenger I really use.

    I heard that the pixi is going to have it, and since that is a webos phone, its only clear to say that pre should get that too. I just hope that we would get that alot sooner than the pixi release.
    Ask and you shall receive......

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html


    The thing that I really don't like is no group SMS.
  5. #5  
    Sdk with more api's especially mic and video.
  6. #6  
    For me, it's one of the least talked about (at least, these days it is) flaws with this device: It's got a WEAK cell radio in it that frequently loses 3G/EVDO signals and is slow to get them back.

    I occasionally play in a weekly poker game with friends somewhat out in the boonies. For the four months or so I had a Pre as my primary device, I could never get a data (and barely a voice) signal in the host's basement. This past week I went for the first time with the HTC Hero, and I was at decent signal strength the whole time...getting all of my mail, push Facebook updates, and able to browse when things got slow. Made a call to tell my wife I was on the way, and it was remarkably stable. I didn't have to repeat myself or yell once.

    It doesn't matter what speed enhancements or apps are added in the future when Palm can't get the basics right. If I wanted to suffer shaky data and call stability, I would've bought an iPhone.
  7. VDubbs47's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #7  
    I'd have to say speed is secondary to me. My biggest gripe is with the way the Pre is handling Exchange messages. I hate that when you forward a message, it attaches the message as a .eml file. Definitely not the way to do things. Also, I noticed I can't forward attachments...even when I download the attachment first and then forward, it doesn't attach. This basically prohibits me from forwarding messages which is a big problem in my line of work.

    Once this is resolved, I will have zero problems with my Pre.
  8. #8  
    My biggest gripe is the lack of a text forwarding option. I know I can get a "tweak" for that, but with WebOS still updating every few months, I don't want to bother with tweaks and patches that I have to remove everytime an update hits.

    I would like to see Flash support in the browser (or a new browser app with Flash functionality), but that's not something I ever had on any other phone, so it's not something I'm "missing" per se.

    I hate to post in a "gripe" thread without pointing out that I LOVE my Pre, it's by far the best cell phone I've ever owned. We all know that no matter what they put in the WebOS, we will always find something to moan and complain about. ha
  9. #9  
    That stoned chic in the commercial


    .


    .
  10. #10  
    +1 on signal (lack of) and speed (lack of).
    Add lack of landscape on-screen keyboard (and don't tell me about patches, tweaks, twaks, twoks and all that hacking stuff, we shouldn't have to do that in the first place) and LACK OF FILE MANAGEMENT!!
    I know, i know... That was 4 things.
  11. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #11  
    the evdo data connection is iffy, at best
  12. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #12  
    Yahoo synergy!
  13. #13  
    number one thing that is sub-par for the pre is a whole group of things: the base functions of a smartphone. The phone app suffers from all kinds of lags and hiccups that can cause the user to hangup, not answer, etc. Frustrating and even a bit embarrassing. And the email app can take forever to actually load up the content of an email. Same for the contact search. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds to come up.

    The pre is OK or even great at many other functions. But it does need big improvements soon in the basic functionality.
  14. #14  
    when i first looked at the phone out of the box it would have been lack of OSK.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Sdk with more api's especially mic and video.
    +1 on access to the mic in the SDK. This is preventing a whole category of apps that I would really like to see.

    Otherwise, I have to say I really love the form and features of the Pre. The size, the "openness" of WebOS, the multi-tasking UI, the "cloud" and Synergy ... all great! Don't mind the speed, the PIM apps are OK IMHO, and even the battery life isn't really a problem for me.
  16. neve's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #16  
    Did I happen to mention the Calendar?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post
    I'd have to say speed is secondary to me. My biggest gripe is with the way the Pre is handling Exchange messages. I hate that when you forward a message, it attaches the message as a .eml file. Definitely not the way to do things. Also, I noticed I can't forward attachments...even when I download the attachment first and then forward, it doesn't attach. This basically prohibits me from forwarding messages which is a big problem in my line of work.

    Once this is resolved, I will have zero problems with my Pre.
    When I forward e-mail in exchange it doesn't create and .eml file attachment. It just continues the e-mail thread just like any other exchange client.

    Forwarding attachments would be great though. It has screwed me up a few times.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  18. mr.hdude's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    That stoned chic in the commercial


    .


    .
    hahahahaha, i agree
  19. #19  
    the keyboard................
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkesten View Post
    number one thing that is sub-par for the pre is a whole group of things: the base functions of a smartphone. The phone app suffers from all kinds of lags and hiccups that can cause the user to hangup, not answer, etc. Frustrating and even a bit embarrassing. And the email app can take forever to actually load up the content of an email. Same for the contact search. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds to come up.

    The pre is OK or even great at many other functions. But it does need big improvements soon in the basic functionality.
    I could'nt agree or word my concern any better. I guess I am not the only one that feels embarrased by the slow responsiveness of the device at times. I've particularly disliked the fact that it takes forever for the phone gui to respond to ending a call and attempting to dial another one. If you wan't people to accept you as a true competitor in the smartphone industry and compete with the likes of Apple and BB, you should be diligent in ensuring quality in the product your offering. It should not take 4 or 5 patches to resolve some of these basic issues.

    In this industry I just don't buy the argument, "Oh! we have a gpu that we aren't even using. Lets hire someone to fix that!"

    Before you call me out as a WebOS basher, I will say that WebOS does so many things right, and has the potential to be THE BEST phone operating system on the market. To take a word from Palms own dictionary - Palm just needs to synergize their strategy!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions