Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can't narrow it down to just one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dspargo View Post
    Phone application...can be very slow and flakey...this must be fixed or I am gone!
    I'm against this one, I think the Phone app is amazing, it has a slight delay like the others, but I've never had a phone where it kept me connected and speaking when it crashed.

Happened once when I decided to do a little too much and not restart, ever. I was talking and messing around and it crashed, but I stayed connected the whole time, the iPhone has nothing on the Pre.
    Lack of file management. I cant organize my photos that I take or anything.
    What don't I like about the Pre above all? The weak speakerphone speakers.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    no video cam....

no flash.....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post
    the keyboard................
    the little ridges around the keyboard and the top slider smack up against the top row makes typing poor. I could type blindfolded on my blackberries (and it comes out ok!

then lack of spellcheck.

Wait... and the fact the password lock comes on IMMEDIATELY after screen turns off. Blackberry gives you like 10 minutes before locking.

(blackberry isn't as much fun though)
    The one thing I don't like about the Pre? All the posts on this forum talking about the 1 thing people don't like about the Pre. I'm all for sharing your opinion, but why does every TomDickandHarry feel the need to start a new thread about it every 5 posts. Just click on the one of 20,000 other posts about what you don't like about the Pre, or what should be included in the next version, or what palm should be working on, or what... etc and insert your opinion there.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    One of the most annoying aspects of the phone besides the obvious is the whole lack of 'synergy.' Ok, our contacts are pulled from a variety of sources. Our google maps auto update. But really, now what?

I'm talking about the whole 'GPS senses I won't make the meeting so everyone in a certain circle receives an alert that I may be late and to start without me, all while the phone is in my pocket' type stuff. Not saying that I would use (or even enjoy, honestly) that type of precognition, but part of the reason I was sold on the phone was because I felt like Palm was trying to take the entire mobile experience in a slightly different, much more highly integrated direction.

I just want signs that this is the case. Multitasking is great, but, eventually, it's something every phone is going to be doing (even the iPhone, which it can do now if you hack it). I still have hope that this 'synergy' business will stand for something more than something interesting that happens the first time you set up your phone.
    Last edited by Stihl; 11/06/2009 at 12:58 AM.
    I'm not concerned with being able to count to 1, so I will list 3.

1. Sometimes my Pre won't hang up after a phone call. The screen stays black when I pull the phone from my ear and won't turn on for me for me to hang up. I have to put it up to my ear and bring it back a dozen times or slap it on the touchstone.

2. No touch keyboard, I know there is a homebrew. I'm not that advanced. I have no desire to brick my phone for a feature that should be part of my phone.

3. No different notification sounds, AGAIN I know there is a homebrew. I'm not that advanced. I have no desire to brick my phone for a feature that should be part of my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank.Strong View Post
    I'm not concerned with being able to count to 1, so I will list 3.

1. Sometimes my Pre won't hang up after a phone call. The screen stays black when I pull the phone from my ear and won't turn on for me for me to hang up. I have to put it up to my ear and bring it back a dozen times or slap it on the touchstone.

2. No touch keyboard, I know there is a homebrew. I'm not that advanced. I have no desire to brick my phone for a feature that should be part of my phone.

3. No different notification sounds, AGAIN I know there is a homebrew. I'm not that advanced. I have no desire to brick my phone for a feature that should be part of my phone.

THIS IS NOT A HIJACK ATTEMPT

Hank you may not be that advanced yet but by reading and posting here in this forum it's obvious you wish to be. You wont brick it....read this http://forums.precentral.net/2012900-post1.html

Good luck
    Don't think it's about the bricking so much as it's about having to do all of THAT just to change a sound on your phone or to add launcher pages or what have you.
    The very tiny keyboard and the original batter that only lasted a couple hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    THIS IS NOT A HIJACK ATTEMPT

Hank you may not be that advanced yet but by reading and posting here in this forum it's obvious you wish to be. You wont brick it....read this LINK

Good luck
    Thanks. Maybe when I feel a little more confident that I know what I'm doing.

I do think it's a ton of work for something that should be included in my phone.
    The antenna variability is the most annoying as a core Pre hardware function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank.Strong View Post
    Thanks. Maybe when I feel a little more confident that I know what I'm doing.

I do think it's a ton of work for something that should be included in my phone.
    It was a little tricky to install homebrews and patches a couple months ago, but they've since streamlined it to the point where it takes about 5 minutes to get everything setup and then you can install whatever you want with a couple mouse clicks. If you can use a web browser, you can use the WebOS Quick Installer application.

I can understand the reservations people have about installing patches and apps that don't go through Palm. But, know that since WebOS is OPEN SOURCE, these add-ons aren't hacks to the OS, just modified features. The devs are using legitimate tools provided by Palm to make modification, not backdooring into the OS like people do with iPhones.

That's my two cents. But several people that posted in this thread will be a lot happier with their Pres if they are willing to spend a few minutes to customize it.

I apologize for slipping off topic, but I think it will help.
    Right now, it is the flakiness of the alarm clock. Numero uno problem.

Followed by:

battery life
    awful music player
    flaky phone app, as mentioned already
    crappy app catalog, still, after quite a long time
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    For me, the number one problem is the hardware. WebOS is fine, it just needs to GROW and I can live with that. But the hardware, that HAS to improve! People are leave the Pre because of the crappy build quality.

Cheers,
    Wes
    I have no problems with my Pre hardware. I like the slider a lot more than I'd imagined, honestly. Having it open in the browser and using the multi-mod patch to scroll up/down a page with the period and spacebar is a very enjoyable experience for me.

My only complaint with the hardware is the usb flap. Luckily, everybody has complained about that and it was made remarkably better on the Pixi. I think the Pixi will be more successful than I'd originally imagined, but they still screwed up with the slower processor. That was just silliness.

CORRECTION: Walmart's selling the Pixi (pre-order, at least) for $30. That's amazing and will sell A TON.
  19. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    no video cam....

no flash.....

do you mean a flash for the camera??

because there is one

I could go with better battery life and better signal strength
    My one thing is that I miss too many calls on this phone. There are multiple reasons for this:
    1. The OS can get too busy - causing the phone not to respond to the multiple presses that I give it to answer the phone.
    2. The signal strength goes from full signal to no signal and back while the phone is sitting still on the desk

If I were to list a 2nd thing, it'd be the hyper slow calendar, which makes having a calendar almost useless.
    Twitter: dullgeek
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast