Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Phone application...can be very slow and flakey...this must be fixed or I am gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by wahhaj View Post
    I could'nt agree or word my concern any better. I guess I am not the only one that feels embarrased by the slow responsiveness of the device at times. I've particularly disliked the fact that it takes forever for the phone gui to respond to ending a call and attempting to dial another one. If you wan't people to accept you as a true competitor in the smartphone industry and compete with the likes of Apple and BB, you should be diligent in ensuring quality in the product your offering. It should not take 4 or 5 patches to resolve some of these basic issues.

In this industry I just don't buy the argument, "Oh! we have a gpu that we aren't even using. Lets hire someone to fix that!"

Before you call me out as a WebOS basher, I will say that WebOS does so many things right, and has the potential to be THE BEST phone operating system on the market. To take a word from Palms own dictionary - Palm just needs to synergize their strategy!

It's not out of the norm to take the stance Palm has with webOS. OS X started out pretty much in a beta state. A lot of people say OS X 10.0 should not have been released as it was, but the OS was fixed over time and is now one of the best on the market.

I think Google did a good job with Android 1.0, but it was in development long before Google was even involved. The company Google acquired that created Android was working on it for years before they got bought out by Google.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I think Google did a good job with Android 1.0, but it was in development long before Google was even involved. The company Google acquired that created Android was working on it for years before they got bought out by Google.
    I didn't know that, thanks. Kind of puts things in a bit of a different perspective regarding WebOS vs. Android.

And, my thing that I don't like about the Pre? That it's still in its infancy and thus is open for a seemingly endless number of silly assertions that somehow Palm can (and SHOULD!!!!) move faster in its development than companies 20X its size.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Reading through this thread, I can't help but think some folks seem to have trouble counting to "one"...
    No search on Calendar? Is there any reason NOT to have included it?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    It's not out of the norm to take the stance Palm has with webOS. OS X started out pretty much in a beta state. A lot of people say OS X 10.0 should not have been released as it was, but the OS was fixed over time and is now one of the best on the market.

Google and Apple = multi-billion dollar solvent companies that have resources to spare to get things right after the fact
    Palm = comparatively tiny manufacturer with little brand loyalty, minute resources, and not a lot of time before other manufacturers pick apart everything unique about WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Google and Apple = multi-billion dollar solvent companies that have resources to spare to get things right after the fact
    Palm = comparatively tiny manufacturer with little brand loyalty, minute resources, and not a lot of time before other manufacturers pick apart everything unique about WebOS.
    When Apple launched OS X they weren't in the best of shape. Jobs had just come back a few years earlier and things were starting to pick up again. If MS didn't invest Apple could have gone under during the late 90's.

I have faith that Palm can do this.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    No Doc's To Go!
    I can't stand the single sound for all notifications. I was on a Moto Q before my Pre and even THAT had a different notification sound for everything the phone did. I'm dealing with texts, multiple email accounts and everything in between and I can't tell what's what when I'm in a meeting or on the other side of the office or the phone's in my pocket. I know there's a patch from Pre central but I don't want to and shouldn't have to deal with f'ing with my phone so that I know the difference between a work email and a text from my wife. I just can't believe there's no patch or app for this yet. I'm also a little surprised I don't see/hear more people griping about it.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    my biggest gripe.....waiting.
    Build quality
    Build quality <--- No surprise there...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Bluetooth in my Acura TSX. Stops working every 5th or 6th call. I can deal with everything else!
    The OS is too slow. I purposely haven't patched anything to get the best performance out of the phone. It's rather embarrassing to show off to people and have apps take 2-3 seconds to load.

The phone app is absolutely terrible. The most important app is the slowest and most kludgy. Why doesn't the call log update when you update a contact? That drives me crazy.

But honestly not as much as the laggy OS. It's really kind of pathetic when you see it head to head with an iphone
    Crappy GCal sync.
    Slow performance is the biggest issue for me.
    No text forwarding
    No Slingbox App
    No streaming of live audio
    the screen and hardware
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Sometimes Spring Navigation losing GPS signal...
  20. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Lack of voice dialing & recording. C'mon Palm...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast