Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    1.1.3 riddled with bugs? Care to share a few examples?
    1.1.3 is slow as hell, wouldn't exactly call it a bug but when you go to 1.2.1 with a few vital patches which add performance as well as the numerous other patches offering features you'd never want to go back!
  2. ldj
    ldj is offline
    ldj's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    1.1.3 is slow as hell, wouldn't exactly call it a bug but when you go to 1.2.1 with a few vital patches which add performance as well as the numerous other patches offering features you'd never want to go back!
    "Slow as hell"? Really? I think 1.1.3 is very snappy indeed. Maybe its because I came from Windows Mobile 6.1 that it feels lightening quick in comparison, but I have have half a dozen cards open and not notice any real lag. That said, my OS is unpatched or hacked, which I suspect is the crux of many problems.

    As for 1.2.1 and not going to go back - of course not. The very least I'd expect from any OS UPGRADE is it to be better than that last. Just like I'd never like to go back to older operating systems. Just becuase a new version is better, doesn't mean the previous version is automatically rubbish!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    "Slow as hell"? Really? I think 1.1.3 is very snappy indeed. Maybe its because I came from Windows Mobile 6.1 that it feels lightening quick in comparison, but I have have half a dozen cards open and not notice any real lag. That said, my OS is unpatched or hacked, which I suspect is the crux of many problems.

    As for 1.2.1 and not going to go back - of course not. The very least I'd expect from any OS UPGRADE is it to be better than that last. Just like I'd never like to go back to older operating systems. Just becuase a new version is better, doesn't mean the previous version is automatically rubbish!
    Fair point indeed. I guess what i'm trying to say is that you don't really know what you're missing until you try it. And of course we'd be content with what we have, and think it cant really be improved, till say the next new thing in that line comes along and then we think to ourselves how we ever lived life without it, and cant see ourselves going back, in a sense.

    That being said, you're right, my phone is heavily patched! With a few handy patches which speed up performance quite a fair bit, and the rest functionalities which I've deemed essential and i did upgrade to 1.2.1 fairly early on, few days after purchasing my pre, so again, hardly a fair comparison I'm making either. But like i say, cant imagine myself going back to 1.1.3!
  4. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #24  
    I found 1.2 faster, Ive also just moved form winmo and thought 1.1.3 was fast as hell, but I definitely saw speed improvements in 1.2
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Cant upload pictures where? Facebook upload works fine, and the free version of Tweed lets you upload to twitpic.
    TweeFree and Pixelpipe Uploader will not upload for me.

    You are running 1.1.3 are you ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  6. #26  
    When is the next official update after 1.13 for the GSM Palm Pre?

    Does anyone know?

    Is it official that the next update will be ver 1.3?
  7. #27  
    I hear that 1.21 has some fixes for bluetooth. I wonder if it will help some of the guys who have the problem with bluetooth headsets with GSM Palm Pre.
  8. adesonic's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #28  
    1.1.3 is much faster than winmo - can't wait fo 1.3.........
  9. ldj
    ldj is offline
    ldj's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    TweeFree and Pixelpipe Uploader will not upload for me.

    You are running 1.1.3 are you ?
    Yep, stock UK rom with no tweaks or patches
  10. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    When is the next official update after 1.13 for the GSM Palm Pre?

    Does anyone know?

    Is it official that the next update will be ver 1.3?
    nothing official im afraid, as it stands there is no upgrade for the GSM pre and there is no announcement as to if or when we will get one although you can flash the sprint version of 1.2 to your phone
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    nothing official im afraid, as it stands there is no upgrade for the GSM pre and there is no announcement as to if or when we will get one although you can flash the sprint version of 1.2 to your phone
    I am scared I may mess up the phone if I do that.

    Rather wait for the official update. Hope it releases soon.
  12. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    I am scared I may mess up the phone if I do that.

    Rather wait for the official update. Hope it releases soon.

    For whats its worth Ive hit no snags whatsoever, I actually did it by mistake the first time and have been using it for a week now. It might be something worth considering if we dont get the upgrade to 1.3
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    For whats its worth Ive hit no snags whatsoever, I actually did it by mistake the first time and have been using it for a week now. It might be something worth considering if we dont get the upgrade to 1.3
    Is there a step by step guide for this. I am not good with mods.
  14. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #34  
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...1-gsm-pre.html

    thats the thread discussing it. Basically you download webdoctor for the sprint version rather than your version and it flashes 1.2 to your phone rather than 1.1.3. Extremely simple but have a good read up about it first, theres always some risk associated when messing with software on your phone.

    Webdoctor is the actual software which palm provide to recover your phone if anything goes wrong so its safe to use.

    The main differences you will see is there are some sprint apps, most of which can have the icons hidden using preware patches. Also the app catalogue has most of the apps missing, there is a fix for this

    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-firmware.html

    which may look confusing but its very straightforward although you dont have to use this seeing as we cant use the paid apps function and we have preware and filecoaster.

    im not sure if you have preware but a very straightforward guide can be found here

    Preware for us NOOBS - Palm Pre and Palm Pixi Forums

    Im not trying to convince you to do this, if your not comfortable then dont do it, but my personal experience was pain free and well worth it
  15. #35  
    Can I just install Preware on my GSM Pre (1.13)? Or do I have to update to 2.1 first?
  16. #36  
    Hi! Does the 1.2 supports the multilanguages or there is only english?
  17. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    Can I just install Preware on my GSM Pre (1.13)? Or do I have to update to 2.1 first?
    you can but only some of the patches and apps will work, some of them can be found here. The major ones such as the forwarding text patch are not available to 1.1.3.

    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...s-1-1-3-a.html

    pirre, theres only 2 language options on the 1.2.1 version, english and spanish
  18. #38  
    Thanks diggedy! I will wait 2-3 weeks at least for an official upgrading 'couse I want the Italian language!
    Otherwise, if I will be tired to wait, I'll flash my Pre and doesn't matter if it will be in english!!
  19. #39  
    hi guys,

    I am from Germany, as the speculated date (November 15 th ) for the release of 1.3.1 is just 3 days from now . Does anyone has a confirmation that We (Europeans) will also get the 1.3.1 update. I bought my pre on october 13th (Launch Day) and still I am sticking patiently with 1.1.3. But my patience is running out and if by 15th there is no update released I am going to flash my pre with sprint 1.2.1

    Guys from Germany who have already flashed their PRE with 1.2.1 , was there any unforseen costs or something in your last month's bill after flashing with 1.2.1 ?? I am always a little bit careful when it comes to money and bills with 02 - Germany due to some of my past experiences !

    Thanks in advance and waiting for your replies
    Chander.
  20. #40  
    Dear Chander,

    We received your post dated 11/11/09. As you know, there's no confirmation that Pre users will be upgraded to 1.3.1 on the 15th and, even if it were true, there's also no confirmation that all users worldwide will be upgraded at the same time. All we can do is wait and see until Palm either announces something or actually upgrades the software. Also, there shouldn't be any further costs associated with flashing your phone to a different version of its firmware.

    All the best,
    Shootz.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions