Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I'm getting reports from people that they are calling me and getting straight to voicemail without the phone ringing. This has happened when I'm in work (full 5 bar signal) and at home (3 bars) but I don't know what is causing this.
    I have a GSM Pre in the UK on the O2 network.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    I'm no expert, especially with GSM tech but from what I've heard it is possible to use one of these hash www webos-internals org/wiki/Pre_Specific_Hash_Codes to force your phone to reference the tower more times per second/minute. I'm sure if you search around the net a little bit you'll figure it out. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I've had that happen to me when i am in USB mode in the phone.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Happens to me all the time, but that is becasue of O2, everyone in our office suffers no matter what phone they are using. Only on 3G though, Edge is fine.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    It hasn't happened to me (that I know of) but my friend's does it in Idaho ALL THE TIME! He'll have full coverage, or even be at home where his Airave is at and I'll have to dial him up 2 or 3 times sometimes to connect to him. It hasn't happened in the last couple weeks that I can recall...but it was quite frequent before that!
    I had it happen a few times when I had enabled the Roam only patch. Calls went straight to voicemail.
    It's been known to ring and open the phone app too late and miss the call. It seems the lag is related to memory issue, like not being able to open a new card.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    callers will go straight to vxmail if your phone is roaming or otherwise in 1x mode while transmitting/receiving data (which is almost all the time).
    This happened to me for the first Month US release of Pre in JUNE... I think that updates have resolved this issue.. it does not happen anymore. I live in NYC.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    happens to me a lot at home with the airrave, very annoying.
    I haven't had that exact problem but I do have people tell me my phone rings like 15-20 times before I answer it. On my end it's only rang once or twice before I'm picking it up. Very weird. I have my Gmail set to check every 5 minutes, maybe it's checking when they call or something?
  12. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    tried switching data from 3G to GPRS only to see if it was a 3G issue, but I still have the same problem. Think I'll have to call into the O2 shop later and see about getting this sorted as I'm missing a LOT of calls
  13. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Got a new SIM from my local O2 shop today, but the problem persists.....This is soooo annoying!
    I've had it happen a few times, both with the Pre and my old Razr. I chalked it up to Sprint at the time.
    I have the same issue - Hoped that the upgrade to 1.3.5.2 might resolve it, but I even did a complete delete and rebuild on the phone and the problem still exists. If I am on a GPRS data connection and a call comes in, it goes straight to voicemail. So if the Palm to checking emails, or doing anything across the data connection, no-one can get through to me.
  16. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Since getting my Pre replaced (at O2s request!) this problem has gone away for me. It *was* a faulty handet after all!
    I went into my local O2 store this morning and the only options open were, "we can send it away to be repaired", or "you can try a new SIM" ....

There was no option to replace. The assistant said that they would not replace until the handset had been repaired 3 times! Each repair could take 7-10 days and I wouldn't get another Pre while I was waiting.

Great. I took the option of trying the SIM, so will update after that kicks in.
  18. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    That's the approach my O2 store took too. After trying a new sim I just rang o2 directly! They sorted a replacement immediately.

The stores just suck in every way!

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldaro View Post
    I went into my local O2 store this morning and the only options open were, "we can send it away to be repaired", or "you can try a new SIM" ....

There was no option to replace. The assistant said that they would not replace until the handset had been repaired 3 times! Each repair could take 7-10 days and I wouldn't get another Pre while I was waiting.

Great. I took the option of trying the SIM, so will update after that kicks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    That's the approach my O2 store took too. After trying a new sim I just rang o2 directly! They sorted a replacement immediately.

The stores just suck in every way!
    OK - will wait for the SIM to activate, test and then probably phone O2. Did you phone customer services (202) and wade through the system them way, or do you have another phone number/route?
  20. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Just went via 202 (be prepared for a crazy wait....I has 1hr 23min the one day!) and they put me through to repairs...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaldaro View Post
    OK - will wait for the SIM to activate, test and then probably phone O2. Did you phone customer services (202) and wade through the system them way, or do you have another phone number/route?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast