Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi

I have an o2 german Pre, so with 1.1.3 firmware. I have flashed it with the 1.2.1 Bell firmware (I want to keep the french language ) and here is the process to not loose the app catalog (should be the same withe sprint firmware).

Open the webosdoctor jar of your "normal" firmware with something like 7zip (don't extract de jar, just open it). Click on "resources". You will see 2 .tar files. In my case, with the german 1.1.3 O2 firmware, i have "wr.tar" and "webos.tar".

Click on "wr.tar" and you will find 3 .ipk files. Extract those .ipk directly on your Pre (so connect you pre to your PC and choose USB drive )

Go back and click on "webos.tar", then click on ".", then click on "nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz", then Click on "nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar", then click on ".", then click on "usr", then click on "palm"a and click on "applications". Extract "com.palm.app.findapps" folder directly to you Pre.

On your Pre, with the terminal app (or from your PC with the SDK), do this :

mount / -oremount,rw
    cd /media/internal
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./your_first_ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./your_2nd_ipk
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./your_3rd_ipk
    cp -Rf com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/
    reboot
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    i'm downloading "the doctor" for 1.1.3 and i will try this!

i hope to can use catalog

update: it's perfect

thank you
    Last edited by garsim; 11/05/2009 at 06:37 AM.
    Trying this now as we speak

Hope it works, thanks

EDIT: It works it works it works! =P
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    mmm..with files from webos doctor 1.00 Gsm, i can see only the free apps..
  5.    #5  
    for the paid apps i don't know as i have never seen them before...
    Quote Originally Posted by garsim View Post
    mmm..with files from webos doctor 1.00 Gsm, i can see only the free apps..
    This uses the app catalog from the EU fw, so its only going to have free apps until palms enables paid apps for the EU region. Wait till 1.3 fw, hopefully we should get it then.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    This uses the app catalog from the EU fw, so its only going to have free apps until palms enables paid apps for the EU region. Wait till 1.3 fw, hopefully we should get it then.
    thank you
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    The second to last step "cp -Rf com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/" doesn't work for me.. Keeps saying No such file or directory, although the directory is there..
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    The second to last step "cp -Rf com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/" doesn't work for me.. Keeps saying No such file or directory, although the directory is there..
    You probably copied the path, same as me, try this instead: cp -Rf usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/application
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    You probably copied the path, same as me, try this instead: cp -Rf usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/application
    This seemed to kind of work, although I got tons of stuff in the terminal saying that the files were read only.. When I open the App Catalog the "Featured," part at the top is blank and I only have the three categories Explore, Recent and Popular.. I can browse and search apps and search them though; is this the expected behaviour for 1.2.1 (lack of more categories and blank Featured bar)?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    This seemed to kind of work, although I got tons of stuff in the terminal saying that the files were read only.. When I open the App Catalog the "Featured," part at the top is blank and I only have the three categories Explore, Recent and Popular.. I can browse and search apps and search them though; is this the expected behaviour for 1.2.1 (lack of more categories and blank Featured bar)?
    Nope my app catalog is full with all categories and 160+ free apps seems like something went wrong with yours, are you sure you entered the commands correctly? Might want to try again. Make sure you enter the commands correctly, spaces, the rw in mount if you're getting a load of read only messages etc etc
    Good stuff. I'll try this after the football. The broken app catalogue was a PITA.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    it works.
    thank you
    Didn't work for me. Not sure why, all the commands seemed to take just fine. But I still get the "app catalog unavailable" message.
    Tim Carroll, Blogger
    on OSX not work. any alternatives?

sorry for my bad english
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Worked for me on OS X though I had to use Path Finder to extract the files.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyax View Post
    on OSX not work. any alternatives?
    check your java virtual machine
    In which directory in my pre should i extract the ipk files too ?

Palm pre mounts as drive J in my computer so all the files are in J:/wr directory.
    Then i opened my terminal app in pre and I tried to execute /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./your_first_ipk . In my case the first ipk is named as "audiod-config-eu_1.0-5_castle.ipk"

So i gave in the command as follows --> /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./audiod-config-eu_1.0-5_castle.ipk

it says no such file or directory?! What have I done wrong ?Please help me out here !

Thanks in advance,
    Chander
    thanx guys figured it out! Works like a Charm

You guys made my day !

Chander
    i feel kinda stupid, but i downloaded the 1.1.3 WebOSDoctor (german o2) from the palm homepage with there small java download program... it finished and it works (atleast the created .app) but where the he** is the real WebOSDoctor, in the mac app file is nothing, it isnt even over 1MB, searched for jar files on the pc but i cant find it.
    Can someone tell me where this is saved? or upload the needed files on rapidshare or somethin
    Thanks!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast