Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    When i flashed to 1.2.1 Sprint, i only had around 20-30 apps for some reason, thats why =P. Using 1.2.1 defies the whole purpose of this thread.

Reverting back to 1.1.3 EU gave me 160+ apps.
    Thanks for the clarification....
    My main problem now is the fact that I haven't got any space left lol
    its working.. even the

cp -Rf com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/

command gave me some "error" such: no directory exist or something like that. but after reboot the catalog is there :-)
    and one more question.. we have the 161 applications... and... there will be no more added, right? as the "newest" I see is "older"... no new ones..
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    its working.. even the

command gave me some "error" such: no directory exist or something like that. but after reboot the catalog is there :-)
    Im getting this error:

cp: target '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/resourses/en_ie' is not a directory.

Someone have a clue why is this happening?!
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Im getting this error:

cp: target '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/resourses/en_ie' is not a directory.

Someone have a clue why is this happening?!
    Try this command;

cp -Rf ./media/internal/com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/
    Guys, I 've just read and reread this thread and I'm still at a loss as to what i'm supposed to do to be able to download the paid apps.

I've got SafeBox and GiftJammer and really like both of them but one has now expired on train the other will on Tuesday and i can't work out how to get the full versions. I'm happy to pay for them.

I've read this thread about how bypassinf the activation "zone" thingy has meant some users in the UK now have the fully 400+ app catalogue, but there is no real explaination for the techno weenie that I am.

"Flashing" and "Metadoctor" are a little alien to me right now as I've only just come back to Palm (last time I had a palm was in 2001).

Would one of you very kind and astonishingly knowledgable ladies or gents please either email me a step by step guide or post one for those of us who are not quite "getting it".

I'm loving my palm pre so far, but am extremely jealous of my iPhone friends who litterally just click and add apps by the thousands....I know Palm will get there and I am very anti-iPhone but right now its just a little frustrating.

Thank you very much.

B
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missybev View Post
    Guys, I 've just read and reread this thread and I'm still at a loss as to what i'm supposed to do to be able to download the paid apps.
    This thread isn't about getting paid apps. There's now way to get them in Europe as far as I know right now.
    This thread predates 1.3.1. It was about people on GSM 1.1.3 flashing to Sprint/Bell 1.2.1 When they flashed to the US/CA 1.2.1, the App Catalog didn't work at all, as in wouldn't display any apps or allow the free apps to be downloaded. This thread explained how to extract the European version of the App Catalog from the 1.1.3 version of WebOS and place it on the newly upgraded to 1.2.1 (US/CA) Pre, thus restoring the free apps we were used to. It was never intended to give us access to the paid apps, which we still can't get at.
    I don't think that's going to change until the App Catalog comes out of beta next month.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dleira View Post

/usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./3.ipk
    reboot
    I got error message :

Begin installation of sweatshop-wr-castle
    Installing sweatshop-wr-castle (1.0-13) to root...
    Configuring sweatshop-wr-castle
    (offline root mode: not running sweatshop-wr-castle.postinst)

ps. Actually, after couple of attempts suddenly I got App Catalog

Thanks, Kreso
    Last edited by kresom; 11/30/2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: It works now
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    please, just one little detail.
    when I connect palm pre via usb, in which folder should I put the files?!?straight in the root?
    cause I have error messages from the terminal.
    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Try this command;

cp -Rf ./media/internal/com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/
    I got the same error. It┤s because

'/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/resourses/en_ie' is a link, not a directory. The same goes for es_mx. They┤re identified as links by the first l in each line using ls -ltr command, also the -> gives it away ┐-P

Here┤s the structure, es_mx points to es_us and en_ie points to en_gb.
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Nov 25 20:02 es_mx -> es_us
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Nov 25 20:02 en_ie -> en_gb

to avoid the error do the following

1. cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/resources
    2. rm es_mx
    3. rm en_ie
    4. cd /media/internal
    5. cp -Rf com.palm.app.findapps /usr/palm/applications/
    6. reboot

Now should have around 174 apps.

Thanks to the guys who discovered this.
    Last edited by NMawer42; 12/02/2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelt resourses with an s instead of a c.
    Cool, WORK !!! Many thanks !!!!
    Italian user - Sprint webos
    I am new here and was going through few of these threads since Wednesday night. Thanks to everyone for sharing all the knowledge. I need a bit more help I guess.

My story short. Live in Indonesia since May. Been a palm fan since Treo 600. 4th Device since then. Got an unactivated AT&T pixi plus from ebay and got my friend to bring it over. Bypassed activation using the tool suggested in Palm developer pages, Unlocked the SIM using Nextgen, Installed Preware as mentioned here in another post, got the firstapp running, created a profile, installed few home brew apps using quickinstall, all worked good. App Catalog gave me troubles. Ran into Patrick's page on how to, got it downgraded to 1.1.3.

Then i got to see the App catalog for the first time but it stops at the "downloading...." and nothing goes further from there. got IPK fetcher and installed a few apps and I cant see the My Apps or installed apps to run the update as mentioned in one of the threads here.

Do I have any further options to get it working? Or have I ran out of all my options and being in Asia means I have to wait till HP/Palm decide to sell their phones in Asia?

Since Palm didn't bother to ship webOS devices to asia, I ended up buying a milestone and it has been 4 months of frustration(I love the GPS though) and finally I feel relieved having a palm in my hand again. So far it has been all great except for the disappointment from App Store.

Any help/advise/suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

thanks
    My Bad. Thanks for pointing that out. I will start a new thread with some screen shots.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123