Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. kbw
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I know that its sprint holding out on vvm for the pre so what do we need to do to convince them to give it 2 us?
    also, does anyone know why theyre so reluctant?
    We have to wait til mid November, when sprint will offer free call forwarding, which will allow google voice to manage ure voicemail account, and provide you visual voicemail in the form of a text.
  3. kbw
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    We have to wait til mid November, when sprint will offer free call forwarding, which will allow google voice to manage ure voicemail account, and provide you visual voicemail in the form of a text.
    mmm no. i dont like having to go thru a 3rd party 4 something like that. i mean google voice already had that slip up where ppls voicemails were showing up randomly on the web.

i think sprint needs to step up on this one. i mean come on if that p.o.s. "flagship" instinct gets vvm, y cant the best phone they have also get it?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbw View Post
    mmm no. i dont like having to go thru a 3rd party 4 something like that. i mean google voice already had that slip up where ppls voicemails were showing up randomly on the web.

i think sprint needs to step up on this one. i mean come on if that p.o.s. "flagship" instinct gets vvm, y cant the best phone they have also get it?
    AMEN!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I hate voicemails. Half the time it's someone who forgot to hang up, breathing in the mic. Just text me..
    Not to mention.. most visual voice mails are mostly inaccurate with one or 2 words occasionally being correct.
    Sprint doesn't want your voicemails. They're pretty much just letting Google do all the work instead. I find it works rather well and will only improve with time, unfortunately only in english.
  8. kbw
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    Not to mention.. most visual voice mails are mostly inaccurate with one or 2 words occasionally being correct.
    im not talking about voice to text. im talking about the phone downloading voicemails so we can skip around or ignore certain ones.
  9. kbw
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcoc2 View Post
    Sprint doesn't want your voicemails. They're pretty much just letting Google do all the work instead. I find it works rather well and will only improve with time, unfortunately only in english.
    and thats why theyre a sh**** company. theyre not trying.
    it must need something from palm too to get this working. In the UK the Pre is on O2 network which also is home to the iPhone which has Visual Voicemail. So we know the O2 network supports it, but it's still not on the palm for us.
    @detroitkruk

ok then....
    Quote Originally Posted by kbw View Post
    No offense, but as far as Sprint is concerned, their flagship phone, most expensive consumer smartphone, and - strictly in my opinion - their best smartphone, the HTC Hero, DOES have it and that is all that matters to Sprint.

This is merely one of a variety of missing features that Palm must account for by the time their next generation rolls around.
    I don't care if this is ever added and in fact the VM on my Pre is not even setup yet as I use my Google Voice number and not the one Sprint gave me.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
    @detroitkruk

ok then....
    someone say anger management perhaps? lol
  15. kbw
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post

Sprint would NEVER pickup the tab for that.

detroitkruk
    its obviously not costing them that much if they can offer it on the hero. which if im not mistaken cost less when it came out than when the pre came out. so we pre owners have given them more money & therefore deserve the same perks hero users enjoy. p.s. calm down man lol. i dont think im an *****, sry if u think u are
    This isn't a Spring thing, it's on Palm to develop and implement it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
    @detroitkruk

ok then....
    This isn't Twitter, there's a quote button.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    This isn't a Spring thing, it's on Palm to develop and implement it.
    See. Idiots.

Visual voicemail
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    How do you get VVM.....switch phones.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I wish that 16 year olds couldn't make threads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast