1.    #1  
    I was poking around the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs

On line 1104, there is some code dealing with a press-and-hold of the headset button:

Code:
    } else if (response.state == "hold") {
    	// TODO: voice dial?
    }
    So at least we know they're considering it
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I think, like with a lot of webOS aspects, Palm knows what to do. The question is if they have enough time and people to do it.
    Good catch!

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    what is the "headset button"
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    hahahaha, THANK YOU. I wasn't about to ask, but I'm so glad you did. I don't feel dumb now. Yeah, what IS the headset button?

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    Actually, I just had a thought. Maybe it's when you press a button on your wired headset or your bluetooth headset... i.e. the "headset button" isn't a button on the phone, but a button on the headset?

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    I was poking around the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs

On line 1104, there is some code dealing with a press-and-hold of the headset button:

Code:
    } else if (response.state == "hold") {
    	// TODO: voice dial?
    }
    So at least we know they're considering it
    I know this just made many people happy...

Now they just have to implement it!!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Actually, I just had a thought. Maybe it's when you press a button on your wired headset or your bluetooth headset... i.e. the "headset button" isn't a button on the phone, but a button on the headset?

/Kevin
    That's exactly right!