Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I recently discovered Grooveshark streaming music and it is awesome, does anyone know if anyone is working on an app or a way to listen to it on your pre?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I took a survey and developing grooveshark for mobile devices including WebOs was one of the options for "things you'd like to see" I'm just as interested as you are, but unfortunately I haven't heard anything evident about development.
    I was going to create this, but found this.

Im hoping with the Flash update, it will give us acess to our Grooveshark accounts, and be able to stream music. Is this possible?
    The pre is now listed as "coming soon" on groovesharks site!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well that's hopeful. "Coming soon" could mean just about anything, unfortunately.
    It probably means that it's coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrules View Post
    I recently discovered Grooveshark streaming music and it is awesome, does anyone know if anyone is working on an app or a way to listen to it on your pre?
    Music Wave, a homebrew app, is making the wait for Grooveshark that much easier.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I was gonna write a separate thread, but found this instead. And I'm really excited to see Grooveshark come to WebOS either via Flash 10 implementation or a native application. For those not in the know:

What Is Grooveshark:
    For those new to what Grooveshark is, think of it like this. It's the American Version of Spotify. You choose what music you want to listen to, you create lists, everything is in the cloud and you can upload your own music to your own user-name to have anywhere you want.

It's a solution to have your music anywhere without having to download to separate hard-drives, or listen to crappy YouTube Codecs for music. Or, as it is, have to skip many songs on LastFM or Pandora to get to that one song you really, really want to listen to. Also, you can listen to songs as many times as you want, full-length, ad-supported in high-quality.

What it Is Not:
    Pandora / Last FM killer. They do, simply, different things. Basically, I use LASTFM and Pandora to discover new bands and music. And then pick out the songs I really liked and listen to them again on Grooveshark. Although, Grooveshark is making waves (*rimshot*) with it's 'Grooveshark Radio' which just starts appending closely related songs to already standing playlists that you can or .

What it IS:
    Want to listen to a song now? Yeah Grooveshark. It's pretty simple actually. $3.00 subscriptions gets you VIP access (which, from poking around gives you access to Grooveshark Mobile) so it doesn't have to ad-support during music or in the application. VIP access also gives you new features and a slew of other desktop themes.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Woah woah, did he say it was in beta right now and we could go check it out? Man, hope it shows up in the next few days, I'll sign up for VIP right away.

Hopefully they really mean this.. I love Groveshark. Enjoy it before the law catches up with them..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    It was said in the PalmCast, last night, that GrooveShark is LIVE.

I downloaded it from the App Catalog, last night and have been using it on and off since then.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    thanks ^^ im downloading it right now
    Downloaded the app last night, played around with it, pretty cool. I upgraded to VIP to fully explore the site.