1.    #1  
    Hi.
    I was charging my phone through the computer and was in a hurry to leave for work so just unplugged it without doing the ' safely remove hardware ' thingy. Ever since then, I have not ringer or system sounds. It shows everything turned on in the sounds menu, but if I press the volume buttons, it shows it is muted. I can't seem to be able to turn the sounds back on. I tried turning it off, and even removed the battery once it was off, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? It is going back tomorrow to see if Bell has any ideas (doubt it though).

Thanks
    well same thing happened to me. Just do the soft reset
    Orange Key + Sym + R

if it doesnt work then hmm post up that it didnt and we will see. other than that i say check the switch on top and make sure its not set to vibrate or mute lol
  3.    #3  
    OK. I feel like a total a $$ . It was the switch on top. Didn't even know it was there. ( I'm shaking my head as I write this.) Thanks for the help tekeler. I would have felt really dumb going in to the store complaining only to have them flip the stupid little switch and fix my problem.
    OMG ... I have been SO frustrated with my Pre ... I could not get the darn mute off ... and sure enough ... it was the switch on top of the phone. I had called Sprint support, did a complete reset, that didn't work, so Sprint was referring me to Palm tech support. I decided to check on-line before talking to Palm support. SO glad I did. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU tekeler. So don't feel to stupid ni8rider, I was in the "duh zone" too.