Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey folks. I went to pick up my 5th replacement today due to very bad oreo-eo effect. The new (refurb) had more twist than the one I was returning so they are ordering another one.

I hope the next one is better.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    im on my 2nd...
    im still in my first one and and hoping dont get other one....because i dont have insurance ....... ma bad
    I had to finally take my first day release phone and get replace cause of the headset plug thinking it was always plugged in.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SetMonkey13 View Post
    I had to finally take my first day release phone and get replace cause of the headset plug thinking it was always plugged in.
    Did you try plugging and plugging it rapidly several times? That's fixed mine on the couple occasions it's done it, as well as many other folks reporting the bug.
    Launch day pre going back tomorrow, speaker is blown out.
    Two...three...maybe even the fourth replacement may be ok..but if i ever get to five me and the Pre's relationship is dead!! lol..The phone has only been out for a few months..I suppose it depends on why all the replacements?? What's up with this Oreo effect?? My old Pre was kinda lose from open and closing it so much..but not so bad where I'd take it bk in?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    Launch day pre going back tomorrow, speaker is blown out.
    Are you sure? I've seen lots of folks return Pre's for 'blown speakers' that had fine speakers. There's a bug where they don't sense when the earphone jack is unplugged and keeps trying to send sound to them instead of the external speaker. Plugging and unplugging the headphones several times rapidly usually gets the sensor to kick in and start sending the sound back to the external speaker.

Depending on how often it does that too you, I could understand getting frustrated and wanting to return it, but often it's a fairly rare occurrence.
    I just got my second and during the account update third Pre this evening. The first not only had an Oreo effect, the left side had a nice gap in it that would click loudly when the screen was pressed. The replacement Pre had a nearly identical gap. The funny thing is the tech attempted to say all Pres were like that, but the example Pre he showed me on didnt have the issue.

They magically had another replacement "in the back" that i just finished patching to my liking.

Three Pres is still better than my seven G1's.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    5 replacements...really? Glutton for punishment are we? If I have to return my phone more than 3 times in 5 months, I think I would just give up by now. I mean seriously...5 replacements? Why bother?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I'm on my second, if I have too take mine back that many times I'm getting a hero...!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    5 replacements...really? Glutton for punishment are we? If I have to return my phone more than 3 times in 5 months, I think I would just give up by now. I mean seriously...5 replacements? Why bother?
    Because I really like the software, gestures, cards, etc. I'm also getting them replaced at no cost to me. So when I finally get one that doesn't have any of the annoying hardware issues, THEN I will be satisfied.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    How do you get them replaced at no cost?
    still on my first you guys must have really bad luck
    Quote Originally Posted by SetMonkey13 View Post
    I was just about ready to go in to replace my phone for this same issue, but now I've finally fixed it (*knock on wood*).

Like someone else suggested on here, I took a q-tip and stripped enough of the cotton so it could fit into the headphone jack, and then put rubbing alcohol on the tip. I placed the tip in the headphone jack and rotated it around. When it came out it had a ton of grime on it. After that, the headphone jack has been working fine for me.
    I've had no issues...yet. Before deciding on the Pre, I spent weeks lurking in here and in various BlackBerry forums. You ought to check out the problems folks are having with their new BB Tours! The Pre is no where close to that device in numbers of hiccups...
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    I just got my 4th one, and it's got a refurb date of 9/5/09, and it's got the stiffest slider of any Pre I've owned or any Pre's my friends own. It's actually pretty crazy how great it is.
    In less than two weeks I will be on number 9. I keep coming back also for the software. The reason I have been dealing with it is because I too have been getting them for free. I have insurance and everything but the sprint reps have all deemed it part of the manufacturers problem. Who am I to argue with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Did you try plugging and plugging it rapidly several times? That's fixed mine on the couple occasions it's done it, as well as many other folks reporting the bug.
    Thanks bro, that fixed mine as well, your post was the first to suggest that to fix the headset bug, it was going to be a deal breaker for this phone if I had to get a new phone every month. lol
    Im about to get my 5th phone as well. let me break it down.

1. Screen had blotches on the bottom. Twisting screen and hard to slide.(launch day pre)
    2. Gesture button didnt work unless I really mashed it.(recieved1 month after launch)
    3. Headphone jack problem kept popping up.(I did do several things to make it stop but it always came back even if I didnt use my headphones)(received about 15 min after #2)
    4. Volume down button does not work(received 11/3/2009)

Kind of bummed cuz I really like the one i have right now. the slider is really good it just feels more solid. I know this is strange and It might be in my head but webos overall on this one seems much snappier. Theres less stutter and things appear to load much quicker. It has a refurb date of 9/04/2009.

Why do I keep coming back? Its simple, this phone does what I want. Hardware issues aside Im putting an investment into an OS. I like what webos offers and the potential it has to grow. Picture this 2 years down the line a great new phone comes out from Palm. Its the talk of the town but your stuck with all your information and paid apps on your pre. Assuming that new phone is running webos all you have to do is login to your profile and you get everything back automatically. Im willing to stick it out and its understandable that not everyone would be able to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast