Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by edwelly View Post
    How do you get them replaced at no cost?
    covered under manufacture defects warranty.

I'm def gonna stick with the pre. The software trumps the hardware issues so I'm gonna stick with the pre.
  2. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    What exactly is the oreo effect/problem? Somewhere in 1000's of posts, it's probably described, but can someone summarize for me? I searched backwards hoping to find original posts, but they already spoke like everyone knew what it was.

Hope to buy one of these things as soon as GSM provider comes to the states.

ADS
    Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post
    What exactly is the oreo effect/problem? Somewhere in 1000's of posts, it's probably described, but can someone summarize for me? I searched backwards hoping to find original posts, but they already spoke like everyone knew what it was.

Hope to buy one of these things as soon as GSM provider comes to the states.

ADS
    This means that the top of your Pre can twist from side to side a little bit, like an oreo.

In addition, I am receiving my 3rd pre tomorrow. First replacement was due to my power button not functioning (replaced for free under manufacturer warranty) and my replacement phone would not sync at all and the screen didnt recognize my touch in some areas.

I am worried that the pre will continue to have hardware issues, but as long as they are covered under the manu. warranty I will continue to replace as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    This means that the top of your Pre can twist from side to side a little bit, like an oreo.
    IF you twist an Oreo, it will break in two. There is no play between the halves of an Oreo until it breaks. Which is why I keep saying that the "Oreo" twist is a horrible description. I hate the person that came up with that term.

But, anyway, I'm very glad I haven't had any hardware issues that required me to return my near-launch Pre. *knock on wood*
    i am on my 6th pre hardware is crap on this phone
  6.    #26  
    I must have the worst luck. I got a call from Sprint today telling me that my new (refurb) had arrived.

When I got there, the girl told me to check it out before she switched phones. Well, I removed the plastic and it seriously looked like it had been dropped, picked up then dropped again. AND it still twisted. She gave me a crappy look so I said to her: If I brought this phone to you for a replacement, you'd look at it and tell me it has physical damage and deny me. No thanks. I'll wait for the next one to come in.

Where are all of these great refurbs I keep hearing about? They are definitely not headed to Satesville.

Here's to waiting.
    is any one returning for bad antenna? that has been my only problem. on both pres i have picked up. i waited 2 months to get the second one and now its about 2 months more and im thinking of getting another.

the sprint people suggested that i wait until the next hardware comes out, but that could be 6 months and i do not want to wait that long.

where are you folks getting your phones at? my last two were at sprint, im thinking this time of going to best buy
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    still on my first you guys must have really bad luck
    I think most are on their first...The ones who have problems are just more vocal about it and rightfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    Because I really like the software, gestures, cards, etc. I'm also getting them replaced at no cost to me. So when I finally get one that doesn't have any of the annoying hardware issues, THEN I will be satisfied.
    Once you get the perfect Pre, it will fall into the toilet the next day.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    im on my third now, my first wouldnt turn on any more and webos doc couldnt recognize it, the second had a blown speaker a week later and my third seems perfect except for a noticable between the halves but i dont care it slides like butter and feels the best out of all them. so with that im keeping it!!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Yeah, despite the slight imperfections, I love this phone. I came from a WinMobile 6 Pro phone running Mobile Shell 3 and I loved that phone despite all it's short comings, there are actually some things liked better on that phone. What made me jump sooner is just when I got my WiMo phone working right it freaked out to the point of it being unusable when I needed it. So I jumped ship for the best multitasker on the market today. My phone had some of those spots at the bottom of the screen, but they have virtually disappeared as the phone broke in.
    My first Pre wasn't very solid, and I had freezing problems. It seemed like if I didn't close my Pre SOFTLY my screen would freeze up and become useless...Now that I have my new one it feels sooooo good..lol..I'm still scared of closing it too hard though..lol.

Warblad my buddy get your second Pre already!!!!! lol...I'm kidding..this is an awesome phone! for the 10,000th time..:-)
    still on my first. it baffles me how many times you ppl return your phones because they're not perfect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    still on my first. it baffles me how many times you ppl return your phones because they're not perfect...
    it has nothing to do with perfect its all about usability. Im not going to settle for broken buttons right out of the box or the inability to make calls bcuz it goes to my headset. God forbid I receive the product I paid for not you. Some may resolve themselves to broken phones and ugly women Im not one of them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12