View Poll Results: How many paid apps have you purchased?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

143 51.07%
  • 1 or 2

77 27.50%
  • 3 to 5

43 15.36%
  • 6 to 10

13 4.64%
  • More than 10

4 1.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just trying to get some idea of how successful things have been so far. Personally I've purchased 8, 3 of which (Stopwatch/Timer, findMyCar, Weatherman) were homebrew grads.
    So far, the paid version of Tweed is the only one I have purchased from the App Cat.

There may be more in the future, but so far there haven't been any "can't live without" type of Apps.
    I have bought about 6 or 8. I will have purchased more than 10 I am sure by the time christmas rolls around and apps like the mobimessenger and docs2go are out. Also a good blackjak game that is multiplayer. ^^
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    none...i'm picky and cheap
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I purchased three apps; Tweed, WeatherBug and NewsRoom.
    I got quite a few, i would keep getting more if I have enough "SPACE", Palm, fix the limit.
    I've only purchased 1. Will consider a few others. Hoping the choices get better. But, with the current limitation in Pre memory (don't fair dink me), I'm unable to.
    I purchased between 6 and 8 would have been more if i did not have app limit every time i try to download something. Palm has to fix this and fast.

Fred
    I've bought both Classic and PocketMirror, which are paid for outside the App store, and Weatherman and Absolute Fitness from the App store. The app limit doesn't bother me too much, as it forces me to maintain a little housekeeping. I agree that most of the current apps are of little use to me (c'mon, who can't figure out tips, and I have no need for games) but I don't mind waiting for new apps I would buy. I find it kind of fun to be participating in the growth and evolution of WebOS.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    0 from the App store, although I've donated to homebrewers a bit.

I've seen very few apps worth more than .99 to me. I know the devs have to eat, but I do to. I want the Pre to succeed. I want the developers eager to write programs for the Pre.

There's still a couple of business rules that just need to play out. One is getting products that the consumers want. The other is a price the market will bear. I think that only time will get us through these phases.
    I paid for three so far. Photo Dialer, Zombie Invasion and Hey Where Are you. I also donated for 1 homebrew app and am about to donate for another soon.
    It would have to be a very special app for me to purchase. I will however donate for homebrew apps that I use.
    I paid for Classic and Missing Sync, both outside of app store.

I just tried to buy some things from the app store, and found they don't take American Express. I'd probably buy alot of little apps if they took that. Now I have to dig out my Visa, and pay another card each month, and have my wife see the charges...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I've donated to a few homebrewers that eventually made it to the app store. But I haven't found any must have app to purchase yet. Docs 2 go would probably be worth a purchase.
    The app I paid for above "hey where are you" I didn't realize until later that there are free apps that do 100% the same thing.
    Just Twee and I have donated to the theme makers. I might purchase Zombie Invasion. I'm still waiting for my Core or Kimona and Voice Dial. PALM PLEASE OPEN UP THE API FOR VOICE AND CODEC ADDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I too have donated to homebrew but have not purchased any apps form the app store. When and if they ever have anything worth purchasing, I will. For example a good e-book reader, Docs 2 go, List pro, or some other useful apps like I had on my Treos. Thanks to all those who put in a lot of hard work for the homebrew apps and patches otherwise I would have a new but very limited phone. Great job! As for Palm....get with the program before it's too late.
    You guys realize that, in order for awesome apps to be added to the catalog, devs need to feel they will make their ROI. If no one buys any apps, devs won't dev on the platform, and it will turn to ****.

I spent a lot of time and effort on my app (Dealert), but did it as more of a hobby, so i am not as worried about ROI than bigger companies. But if people don't buy apps, no one will make them.

Plus, every app you buy gives a little money to Palm, and we all know they need it
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    You guys realize that, in order for awesome apps to be added to the catalog, devs need to feel they will make their ROI. If no one buys any apps, devs won't dev on the platform, and it will turn to ****.

I spent a lot of time and effort on my app (Dealert), but did it as more of a hobby, so i am not as worried about ROI than bigger companies. But if people don't buy apps, no one will make them.

Plus, every app you buy gives a little money to Palm, and we all know they need it
    So we should buy a lot of apps useless to us to make developers feel good? No thanks. Come out with something that really does something I want/need to do for a decent price and I'll buy it. Palm already got my money for the phone and accessories. If they want to make more from the App Store, then they need to make a full SDK to allow developers to make real apps that I might actually be interested in.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Zip zero, stingy with dinero...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast