Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The really sweet part of owning the Palm Pre with WebOS is knowing that the experience is only going to get better. It is great as it is but the future..........

I wish I could say the same about my experience with Sprint. When Verizon releases the Pre next year I will be moving. Same phone different carrier.
    Last edited by rtlsnke; 11/05/2009 at 10:01 AM.
    I love the Pre, it is a great phone, albeit some problems here in the US models in terms of hardware. I actually gave away my iPod touch to my little bro because I couldn't deal with the (now) frustrating OS. I'm glad to see this kind of thread, and I have high hopes with the Pixi and the future versions of webOS, cheers to all of you enjoying the Pre across the pond!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I love the Pre, although the build quality looks worse than Treo Pro to me. Especially the volume and on/off buttons. Also the upper part has a tendency to rotate slightly clockwise instead of just sliding.

But WebOS is fantastic
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    The Pre's awesome. Keep in mind people posting here are (for the most part) those that have KEPT their pre's, but just want to make it better.
    -m
    So nice to hear so many positive things! Makes me want to go and have another look!
    Hi guys,

I got my Pre 8-9 days ago and I love it too. I'm very long time mac user and of course I had all iPhone since it came out. But I'm not thinking to back iPhone, for me Pre is much better both ways, hard and soft. Also I already installed US version 1.2.1 on my UK Pre and using all patches, virtual keyboard and etc. Wonderful, very solid and brilliant.
    I'm so glad to see this post !! Been looking into getting a Pre for a while and after seeing all the "bad" posts I actually had at a point decided not to. But after seeing polls and keep reading thru reviews and finally THIS post I'm so convinced to get one now !!
  8.    #28  
    Well I have had it for a day or two and even the battery doesn't seem to be that bad.

I default to wifi off (where I live there isn't any), GPS off unless I'm using it and push mails every 1 hour.

The result is a battery at around 90% after a day at work and doing some surfing and texting. Didn't use it for any calls.

That evening I used the GPS in the car to the supermarket and back (screen on the whole time) and spent a further hour and a bit surfing the net and still ended up with 20 odd % of battery left.

Before I bought I new I would have to charge it every day, but this isn't a problem as it goes on the touchstone by my bed and acts as an alarm clock

RobP
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    On my third day with my pre - previously a long time WM user - the Pre just blow me away - absolutely no negatives to report - only positives - I could rave on about how good it is for HOURS - Love this phone!!!!!
    I have my Pre over a week now. I just adore it, its brilliant and i agree with the posters re reverting to an ipod/iphone, impossible once you have glimpsed the possibilities of this handset! Just as the iphone was the beginning of something when the 2G model was released, the Pre is the next step and the beginning of something new in its own right and its bloody exciting knowing i have one!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post

Edit: Also, after just a week I'm finding using my iPod Touch increasingly confusing and frustrating; does anyone else find themselves trying to do the "back," gesture along the bottom part of the screen and ending up taking quite a while to work out how to get back in applications by going up to the top left of the screen?
    I stopped using my ipod because of this. It felt so slow and awkward after using WebOS.

I think iphone/ipods seem faster because of their animation closing and opening apps. The zoom effect takes some time that i don't think people really notice.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    On my third day with my pre - previously a long time WM user - the Pre just blow me away - absolutely no negatives to report - only positives - I could rave on about how good it is for HOURS - Love this phone!!!!!
    I came from WM too and its night and day. I'm actually mad at MS for considering that usable piece of software.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    And another thing, keep finding smart and innovative features with this phone - like assigning often called contacts to the launcher - it may not sound much to you long time palm users but from where I'm from it's wonderful!
    I too love my Pre, after all the caution threads about the Oreo factor and battery life, I was a bit worried, but use has taught me to love it. The size is right, the screen is the perfect size, the resolution on the screen is great. Good camera, no video, but seriously, I use a dedicated camera if I want serious stills and videos, the Pre is perfect for those spur of the moment shots.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I love my Pre too. Coming from a BB there were certain customization options that I really missed, but the homebrew patches and apps have taken care of that completely. I only have one complaint with the 1.2.1 in that the font on sent emails, when viewed in Outlook, is HUGE, but I'm hoping Palm will fix this in 1.3 and/or the homebrew crew will make a patch.

I have NO hardware complaints, and I've had mine for 3 weeks. I think the build issues that were seen with the first Sprint models have been resolved.

It's only going to get better from here as the app catalogue expands and Palm refines the OS. I'm looking forward to it!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I have no build issues (so far anyway) and as for feeling "cheap" it feels no cheaper than my HTC TD2 - on a par with my ipod touch I would say
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12