1.    #1  
    Is it just me or does this article go against just about everything that most people (or at least here at PreCentral) think about Palm Pre and webOS?

Time For Palm To Drop WebOS And Embrace Android | Techdirt

Drop webOS already? The hardware is the strong point and the OS is the weak point?

Just, wow.
    Well, the current iteration of WebOS is pretty weak. They should have gotten it out more complete so as to compete with a 3rd generation iPhone and 2nd generation Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    Well, the current iteration of WebOS is pretty weak. They should have gotten it out more complete so as to compete with a 3rd generation iPhone and 2nd generation Android.
    And you say this because merely wishing for something can make it true, right?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    And incidentally, Techdirt is one of my very least favorite sites. It's full of some of the most specious reasoning this side of Mother Jones.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    No... I say it as one of the reasons the software can be considered weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    No... I say it as one of the reasons the software can be considered weak.
    Okay, I don't see how that follows, but seriously: when you say that Palm "should have gotten it out more complete...", what exactly do you mean? Because, I'm pretty sure that Palm "got it out" as complete as they possibly could.

Or, are you proposing that Palm was perfectly capable of shipping WebOS with a more complete feature set (however you might define that), and that they purposefully chose not to release it that way? That perhaps they really had WebOS 2.0 or higher waiting in the wings, but decided to release 1.0 for... what... the heck of it? For kicks? Just to spite us?

I'm not even trying to defend Palm specifically here. I'm just amazed that folks are arguing about what Palm "should have done" with regard to how the Pre was released. It really seems like some people think that Palm either purposefully withheld some wonderfully perfected version of WebOS, or that they had the luxury of waiting to release something at all.

Or, they believe that Palm could and should have warped the fabric of time and space and released a version of WebOS that they hadn't yet had the time and resources to develop.