Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Awesome news! Well, if it ends up that the Remix will never make it into the official store, I'll donate more to you anyway; only reason I haven't given more is that there's still a chance it will, and I don't want to end up spending 2 or 3 times more than what something's going to end up costing anyway Having seen what you've done with the Music Player, I KNOW your next app will be awesome.
    In many ways, my hands have been tied since I've been working off of someone else's code base (i.e. the original music player app). Being able to design my next app from scratch allows me to design it the right way from the start, which makes it easier to do what I really want to do in the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, but it has an insulting tone to it. Or am I misunderstanding you? If so, I'm sorry...please elaborate on what you meant.
    You misunderstood him But yes, he was being sarcastic because there are some on this forum who think they know more about some of these issues than an actual developer would.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by motoracer1486 View Post
    Ok. "For me, all of the apps are pure crap."
    Well that's just peachy... Now go find a life.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    In many ways, my hands have been tied since I've been working off of someone else's code base (i.e. the original music player app). Being able to design my next app from scratch allows me to design it the right way from the start, which makes it easier to do what I really want to do in the app.
    No difference to me; you'll get more of my money regardless. When I'm using an app on a daily basis, that developer has earned my money. That's one thing I love about the Homebrew catalog versus the official one, or even the iStore: you actually get to play with full versions of apps, and determine if/how much they're worth to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    You misunderstood him But yes, he was being sarcastic because there are some on this forum who think they know more about some of these issues than an actual developer would.
    Ahh ok... I thought I must have missed something.

Developers would obviously have a first-hand perspective on the limitations of the SDK and development environment, as well as the app catalog approval process; however, I think users' opinions are just as important.

Speaking of the app catalog approval process...I think that's another reason why the app catalog's selection is a bit underwhelming. Just from my limited experience, I can see that Palm either needs more resources or needs to get a bit more organized.

My handler asked me to send him some information weeks ago and after sending him the information, I never heard back from him. He finally forwarded my email to Chuq yesterday and Chuq emailed me back. So I think they're just bogged down and a bit overwhelmed right now.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, but it has an insulting tone to it. Or am I misunderstanding you? If so, I'm sorry...please elaborate on what you meant.
    Sorry, I was being sarcastic. It was aimed at the aforementioned "experts", not you.

I like what you're doing, and your public support of the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    You're becoming desperate.
    Ahhh, I'm satisfied with my device, you're apparently not. Why would you call me desperate?
    where's the PreRAR app? I need this pretty badly and am willing to pay for it!
    of course your misunderstanding him,my goose would catch the sarcasism in that...jeez

Anyway,I also have no doubt that the app line will sprout some really cool and good apps. It is young still, so we will see what happens. I do think the palm line is a more mature minded platform over Iphone, so I see that as making a difference, I hope.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    How's a catalog that hasn't officially launched yet meant to be a failure? And after it does launch in December, what metrics will you use to quantify Palm's app catalog as a success or a failure? Guitar Hero on webOS? Tony Hawk's pro skater 9?

Enlighten me.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345