1.    #1  
    why hasn't anyone made an app that allows/enables video capture?i think it would be a top seller.

why are all these obsolete apps coming out? i understand that a lot of old phones, (i-phone and anything windows based), needed all these "make the internet navigable apps" but web-os nearly runs the net like a browser should.all we need is that pain-in-the-**** flash player

for instance,we don't need an app for the yellow pages.just go to the yellow pages through Google,you know. its a waste of precious 7gig space.

these app developers rock but are focusing on things that sold well in the past, (pre web-OS),pardon the pun its a whole new game now so give me something useful, PLEASE.

how about A VIDEO CAPTURE APP or just something that allows me to turn off the freaking screen timer.

love the pre just so frustrated with the limited tweak-ability of the settings,(one of the reasons i don't own an i-phone or mac),no video capture (which i know is do-able),and these 'brand new' outdated apps

this phone really could be at the top of the smartphone charts.its actually my opinion that this is the beginning of the home computer in your pocket but whats a home computer without video capture or flash player
    This has been discussed to death here already....
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ighlight=video
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    wow, you should search before posting. Some of the stuff you have mentioned is being worked on or completed. You should look at the homebrew section. Welcome to the forum though.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hi Shannon, welcome to PreCentral. As stated, the search function is really a good way to find answers to a lot of your issues. I know it has enhanced my enjoyment of this great phone. If you don't search first, a lot of frustrated members will make some nasty comments.

I am one of the nice guys, but I can't help but to get one little dig in:

...perhaps your superfluous use of emoticons will be to key to getting a developer to respond to your request.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thank goodness we have all you veterans to keep us rookies in check!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TFlo View Post
    Seriously.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    We aren't saying anything you didn't already read...http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...uncements.html

Quote Originally Posted by TFlo View Post
    I guess I am the only one that RARELY gets bothered by a general forum having the same question over and over.

Oh well, good info was posted.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    mmm...as for me I use Macvide ScreenCap
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I guess I am the only one that RARELY gets bothered by a general forum having the same question over and over.

Oh well, good info was posted.
    This is almost standard on forums now. People with abundant free time trying to be filled with meaningless Internet fodder, trolling forums, and then complaining they are wasting time reading a duplicate post!

So rather than steer someone NICELY on forum protocol of "search first, ask second", its MUCH easier (and fun) to stick a fork in the newbie.

And back on topic, I've been running the PreCorder Alpha for a few days now. Certianly needs spit and polish, but its no doubt a terrific start and confirmation that the ability to make great video is there.
    precorder rocks , but I dnt knw if its just my pre but smtms it dsnt record on the first or second try . Even still killer app can't wait for it to go beta .
    I love the yellow pages app.
    precorder is very good and a good way to have video until the real thing comes along, sometimes I make videos and am amazed how clear they come out!

as for the vids not working I have had that happen too, what usually fixes it if you just go into videos and play the file after recording instead of using the play last video in the player, must be a bug
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I like people asking question before searchin.
    I had no idea or cared to search if there was a video recorder for the pre.
    Now I know there's at least somethibg to play with.

I can't believe people get over worked about people asking questions before searching.
    Don't like the thread? Don't read it, end of story.
    I appreciate the effort developers have made in producing Precorder, for me I need a video recorder that I can 'see' what I'm videoing onscreen while I video, the developers say its not possible due to system limitations, but I bet when the official Palm video recorder comes out it will have preview !
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernlanes View Post
    I appreciate the effort developers have made in producing Precorder, for me I need a video recorder that I can 'see' what I'm videoing onscreen while I video, the developers say its not possible due to system limitations, but I bet when the official Palm video recorder comes out it will have preview !
    Of coarse it will, Palm has access to all the API's. What the current developers have done with the limited SDK is nothing short of amazing.