1.    #1  
    I was in Singapore with my Pre for a week with no Sprint service. I used the WiFi feature, but my phone remained primarily on Airplane Mode. (Once or twice I flipped on to see if there was service to no avail.)

Ever since my return, I've had a lot of sudden crashing. It seems like every second or third time I switch off, with the upper right power button or by closing the keyboard, the Pre crashes. I get a "black screen of death," and the only remedy is to either plug in or hold the power button down and wait (which only works sometimes). Either way, I get a full reboot (but all data is saved).

I didn't add any software or make any changes to my set up. I did not drop the device. I can't think of any trauma or tinkering that would have affected it.

Any thoughts?
    PM (Pilot -> Visor -> Tungsten -> Treo 755p -> Pre)
    X-rays maybe? I would try a restore if that doesn't fix it I would return it.
    Maybe you have the battery defect on your Pre. When did you get it? Take your battery cover off is there a little foam pad at the top of the housing?

If not try this solution and see if it works for you.

http://www.precentral.net/slider-cra...gyver-solution
  4.    #4  
    Thanks much. That seemed to have worked. My device is four months old. I'm not sure if I have the "wiggly battery" problem of if it just came loose. Either way, a folded-over post note seems to have the battery snugly in place now.
    PM (Pilot -> Visor -> Tungsten -> Treo 755p -> Pre)
    You have one of the older devices since there was no foam piece in there. I have the same issue with mine. I just leave the folded up paper in there all the time and it just works.

Glad I was able to help.