1.    #1  
    So far I love my Pre. But my email contacts keep getting getting added to my contacts list, which I'd like to NOT happen. Is there a setting for this that I'm just not seeing?

Also, i've got 2 email accounts set up, one with no notification of new msgs, but still, when a new email comes to that address, a notice pops up and the email is right there.

Also, is there a way to have an email automatically sent to another folder after reading?

Any tips on better ways to keep some things private on a pre?

Thanks~
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennagain View Post
    So far I love my Pre. But my email contacts keep getting getting added to my contacts list, which I'd like to NOT happen. Is there a setting for this that I'm just not seeing?

Also, i've got 2 email accounts set up, one with no notification of new msgs, but still, when a new email comes to that address, a notice pops up and the email is right there.

Also, is there a way to have an email automatically sent to another folder after reading?

Any tips on better ways to keep some things private on a pre?

Thanks~
    I imagine you're probably using Gmail on the Pre? The addition of the e-mail contact to your contact list is a Gmail thing, not a Pre feature, and there's no way to de-activate it (at least that I'm aware of).

As far as pop-ups for new e-mails go, there are multiple settings on the Pre. You likely have "Play Sound" off so you don't get an audible alert, but perhaps you have "Show Icon" still on, and therefore the alert is still shown although not heard? Just a guess based on the info you've provided....

As far as automatically sending an e-mail to another folder after reading, this can't be done just by opening the message on the Pre (again, at least that I'm aware of), but you can change the default folder for the Delete key to another folder of your choice (like All Mail instead of trash), and this might get you what you are seeking?
  3.    #3  
    Great tip about the folder choice for the delete key, thanks.

I do have Show Icon switched to off, but still get notification of that email account. It is indeed Gmail, and any email I respond to on Gmail gets automatically added to my contacts list. There has GOT to be a way to end that.