Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am still on my first Palm Pre. I am recently noticing some dead pixels on the screen. I recently called Sprint about it and they referred me to Azurion who wants me to pay 100 deductible for a replacement ***??? So much for paying insurance every month.
    I have a few. One in the corner and one toward the button. You cant even see them unless the phone is starting up. If you have a good build from a pre on release other than a few pixels count your blessings! I think your in good standing!
    take the phone back to where you bought it personally and they should replace it for you if your nice and polite to whomever your talking to , but if your complaining about two or three little pixels that you really cant see unless its dark and your on the boot screen . i would not attempt it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I have never had to pay a deductible. I am in Florida, and worked with two different places. The first was called Ashton Communications who handled my insurance and repair claims in Gainesville, FL. I have used them for multiple previous phones and never paid anything. Recently, I have gone to my local Sprint store who has a service department in the back. My first pre had dead pixel issues and was bad on the oreo. It was returned in 30 days for a brand new one. Recently, it started to light bleed, and developed some small, hairline cracks near the microphone. I took it to the Sprint store and received a replacement in 2 days. It was a refurb, but looks immaculate... except that the screen has two pale spots, one in the top left, one in the bottom right. I went back to the store and put in for a replacement. I should get another refurb tomorrow. Hopefully it will be good enough. I still haven't payed a cent.
    i have had the sprint insurance from the frist time i signed up wiht them and the only time i ever had to pay a deductible was when i lost it. you should see if there is any sprint repair centers in your area and see if they can get a new or refurbed one
    you only have to pay a deductible if they say its physical damage, lost, stolen or water damage. I can't tell you in the three years I've had nextel/sprint how many phones have been replaced/repaired. I would say close to three digits and only paid a deposit one time because I actually lost the phone
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Service and Repair will swap it out, when you call tech support and say you have dead pixels, the first thing they think is you dropped it. A Service Center will help you out better.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I am now on my fourth Pre. The problem, though, is that this one too has problems with brighter spots - not dead pixels, but actual patches of the screen that are paler and a little yellow. Even though Pre #3 had the same problem and was replaced, they told me that this was only "cosmetic damage" and they would therefor not replace it. It is a malfunctioning screen, is it not?
    don't forget, Palm has a one year warranty. Call them.
    sounds like it's different strokes for different folks..u most deifnitely will pay the ins. cost if there is physical damage to the phone..dead pixels should be a hardware problem, unless u have a **** CS Rep who says YOU damaged the phone..either way with any type of insurance you will have some type of deductible..good luck though!!
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Well, I just found some really bad light bleed on the bottom right of the phone. That should get them to change it, but I might have a go with palm now. I think I trust them a bit more.