1.    #1  
    is the plam pre 4g ready ?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    There's no 4g radio chip in the Pre.
    Otherwise you would be seeing people in certain areas where 4g has already been released with 4g internet on their Pre.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Nope. 3G only!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  4.    #4  
    that crazy cuz i was told that pre will be 4g and tv sohw the with 4g
    we are all lying.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    this topic has been beaten to death, I wish there was a sticky for the things that people keep making repetitive threads on.
    Quote Originally Posted by wkalam2 View Post
    this topic has been beaten to death, I wish there was a sticky for the things that people keep making repetitive threads on.
    I agree 100 percent
    This signature for rent
    No
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I'm on 4G right now, you just have to turn it on with a tweak.
    What do you mean by 4G?

HSPA? WiMax?

A
    | Nullius in Verba|Treo 650 -> Treo 750V -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> Pre Plus |
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    All Sprint phones with wifi chips will be compatible with 4G as long as there is a 4g router to hook up to in your location.

This is not to say that you will be able to pick up 4G over the airwaves driving around in your car unless you are hooking up through a 3G/4G device such as a MiFi(sp?) which will become available soon.
    As far as I know there currently is no 4G phone available. The only 4G device sprint has is a mobile broadband card. Kinda sad as 4G just got rolled out on my area.
    plam
    With that kind of logic you could say that the Pre is fully compatible with 1000Mbps wired Ethernet. Come on!

is the Palm pre 4g ready? NO

Quote Originally Posted by dabro View Post
    All Sprint phones with wifi chips will be compatible with 4G as long as there is a 4g router to hook up to in your location.

This is not to say that you will be able to pick up 4G over the airwaves driving around in your car unless you are hooking up through a 3G/4G device such as a MiFi(sp?) which will become available soon.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 11/04/2009 at 08:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    With that kind of logic you could say that the Pre is fully compatible with 1000Mbps wired Ethernet. Come on!
    What you are saying is exactly true. Keep that in mind when you hear someone from Sprint CS or tech support tell you that a given phone is 4G capable. Be sure to ask them if it actually has a 4G radio.

However, 1000Mbps wired ethernet cannot be carried with you in your car. Sprint is selling mobile 4g devices which allow you set up a personal wifi wherever there is a Sprint 4G WIMAX signal.

Since we are discussing the Pre, which doesn't have a 4G radio, this was meant to show that if your willing to spend the extra bucks, and are in a 4G area, you can access 4G with the current technology.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    For 5G I can get you a 4g Pre!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    For 5G I can get you a 4g Pre!
    With a gen-u-wine rolex watch in its belly button!