1.    #1  
    After researching the forum I found conflicting stories about wheter the Pre can ring a mp3. Either way I have gotten no where and I am asking for help. I took a song and edited it with total recorder and dropped it into the ringtones directory. The phone sees it, allowes me to select it but never officially uses the mp3. I am running the latest webOS version 1.2 - is there something I am missing? Thanks...
    Make sure you're actually clicking the song file, and not just the play button.
    Other than that, I have no clue.
  3.    #3  
    Well this is what is happening, I cant change a ring tone at all for that matter. I am going into sounds and ringtones, selecting the ringtone, a check mark appears next to it - then I just click the center button and throw the card off the screen. Is this the right way to do?
    No, you need to do a back swipe to go the previous screen. This also saves. You are flicking the card away before saving.
  5.    #5  
    can you explain the back swipe sorry. I make the check mark appear then what do you want me to do lol... If I hit the center button I cant slide the screen any direction but up.
    Sorry, to be clear, you need to perform a right to left gesture in the gesture area.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you omg I was going nuts trying to figure that out!
    No problem. In my experience, a lot of apps and native pre programs use that gesture not only as a "back" gesture, but a save gesture as well.

Though I'm not sure how widespread this line of thinking is in all the apps out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    No problem. In my experience, a lot of apps and native pre programs use that gesture not only as a "back" gesture, but a save gesture as well.

Though I'm not sure how widespread this line of thinking is in all the apps out now.
    That's how Palm wants it done. It's in the developer docs.

http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...ary-SavingData - second item in the list under saving data.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/11/2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Added link
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That's how Palm wants it done. It's in the developer docs.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'm glad people way smarter in the ways of developing than me, are on this forum.