1.    #1  
    So far, it's only from one person, but I consistently can't see messages from this one sender. If a new message comes in, and I'm looking at another sms, when I go to the sms list, this person's sms message(s) are missing. If I send a new message to that person, voila!, everything reappears until I go away from that screen. What in the World?!
    Quote Originally Posted by TramDouze View Post
    So far, it's only from one person, but I consistently can't see messages from this one sender. If a new message comes in, and I'm looking at another sms, when I go to the sms list, this person's sms message(s) are missing. If I send a new message to that person, voila!, everything reappears until I go away from that screen. What in the World?!
    Ditto! Very strange.....only one contact.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TramDouze View Post

It's some what a common problem, you could also start typing the person name that is missing and poof...there is the messges. they are just hidden.
    to correct the problem just link the missing person to any other contact and the missing messages will return, then you can unlink them and your good to go.

What I would like to find out is how to reproduce this, it could come in handy if you don't want some messages to be read......
    I have had the same thing happen. I ended up deleting the contact and then re-adding him to my contact list. It started back showing all his text messages going forward.
    This has been a problem from launch day.

Not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet, it is a pretty major problem. It only happens when you start deleting conversations (any).
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oneil01 View Post
    I have had the same thing happen. I ended up deleting the contact and then re-adding him to my contact list. It started back showing all his text messages going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    It's some what a common problem, you could also start typing the person name that is missing and poof...there is the messges. they are just hidden.
    to correct the problem just link the missing person to any other contact and the missing messages will return, then you can unlink them and your good to go.

What I would like to find out is how to reproduce this, it could come in handy if you don't want some messages to be read......
    I couldn't just delete contact b/c it was linked to Facebook profile. I didn't try linking him to someone else first but I did delete my Facebook profile and then reload it, which took care of multiple names/contacts I had hidden messages for rather than doing each one individually.

Took care of the problem, just like that!!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    tried deleting facebook. it didnt work. this is driving me crazy. i started deleting patches and apps NOTHING. Why o Why!!!! Palm Fix this or I will be going to a different device.......
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, but with only two of the people I reguraly text with. The common thread between them is that they both are Gtalk buddies. I tried the link/unlink thing and it did separate the gtalk conversations from the text conversations on one. And neither of those conversations are hidden anymore. The other person is unhidden but only shows up under gtalk. Both text & gtalk conversations are combined. And even though I had deleted conversations from that person in the past, they are all still there & go back to when I got the Pre.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawg5678 View Post
    tried deleting facebook. it didnt work. this is driving me crazy. i started deleting patches and apps NOTHING. Why o Why!!!! Palm Fix this or I will be going to a different device.......
    lol... people are SOOO dramatic
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    The problem is originating from deleting entire conversations. Once a conversations is deleted this happens. As someone mentioned unlinking and relinking the specific contact corrects it. This is a major problem for heavy texters like myself. To delete each message individually is a huge inconvenience. Sometimes I send/receive several hundred a day.
    I delete conversations all the time and have never seen this behavior. Weird.
    The same is happening to me. Its so weird, I have to type the name in to see the message and when I delete the entire conversation, it will not delete. Idk why this is occuring
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    I delete conversations all the time and have never seen this behavior. Weird.
    It seems to affect mostly those with very very large conversations.
    Of course those are the people that need it to work correctly the most.

The suggestion above to link the user to some other contact and then unlink
    to fix (if it works consistently) sounds much more reasonable than the ones
    I've heard before to delete or unlink existing contacts and re-add.
    Harder to round up the latter.

Unfortunately, to fix this it's going to require someone who can either:
    1. Document the steps to reproduce this problem so a developer
    can make it happen and dig into what's happening in their
    own copy of the PalmDatabase.db3 database file to find the corruption.

or
    2. Hand over a copy of their already broken PalmDatabase.db3 file to
    someone else who can dig through it and try to figure out where the
    disconnect is occurring.

ian
    I have one issue with it right now... Where can I find the db3 file?

I have had this happen 3 times to me... deleting the phone number form my contacts and then re-adding it has worked for me.

It is a very hard thing to reproduce because it is almost glitchy. It has happened to me all 3 times when I do a back gesture just as a text message is sent out or just as it comes in. It is a weird time thing where when I hit the back gesture I see it go back, but have also seen the whole conversation slide off screen too, with no delete option or anything. If I send the person a text, I can then see the entire conversation until I close it.

Very strange, but not hard to fix as described above.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    The db file is at
    /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

ian
    ive had this problem with 3 contacts

we need a fix palm
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I am having this problem for the second time and it does seem to involve large text message threads. The way i fixed it the first time was to do a partial erase. It happened with my twitter text message file first, which if I do not delete can become very large. This time it is happening when i tried to delete a large message file from a friend.