1.    #1  
    Just after the whole web being down the other day now the phone seems sluggish at times and when I either make or receive a call the phone screen just goes black and I can't do anything. I took the battery out and put back in and turned the phone back on but the same problem keeps happening? I don't get it. Had this phone for not even a week yet and already I'm thinking about bringing it back, this is f*ckin Ret@rded... I called the Bell store where I got it and they had no idea what to do... I'm about to call the Bell network tech department, but decided to post on here first to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by poplarparkfilms View Post
    Just after the whole web being down the other day now the phone seems sluggish at times and when I either make or receive a call the phone screen just goes black and I can't do anything. I took the battery out and put back in and turned the phone back on but the same problem keeps happening? I don't get it. Had this phone for not even a week yet and already I'm thinking about bringing it back, this is f*ckin Ret@rded... I called the Bell store where I got it and they had no idea what to do... I'm about to call the Bell network tech department, but decided to post on here first to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.

first thing i would try is, if you have a screen protector (or the original screen protection film) remove it. sometimes they can trip the proximity sensor, a non standard case could easily do the same.

if that dosn't work, i am Wondering if you have any homebrew/patches/themes on the device.
    There are four lights.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    first thing i would try is, if you have a screen protector (or the original screen protection film) remove it. sometimes they can trip the proximity sensor, a non standard case could easily do the same.

if that dosn't work, i am Wondering if you have any homebrew/patches/themes on the device.
    Hey Windzilla, I did have the original screen protector on and I just removed it and did a test call and it seems to be working... Hmm... Weird. I can see how that makes sense but that's weak that a little piece of plastic would mess up the whole phone.
  4.    #4  
    And the only apps I have are the CBC app and the weather channel app just if you were wondering but thank you so much for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by poplarparkfilms View Post
    Hey Windzilla, I did have the original screen protector on and I just removed it and did a test call and it seems to be working... Hmm... Weird. I can see how that makes sense but that's weak that a little piece of plastic would mess up the whole phone.
    glad it worked for ya!

the thing is, that little plastic piece is not meant as permanent and it gets all nasty and lifts a little. that fools the sensor, which is functioning properly and thus inactivates the screen.

basically you have a pre WITHOUT a broken sensor, be happy

Cheers!