Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Another nice tid bit of information about the Cortex A8, is that when comparing it to the older ARM11 chips, it's like comparing a 486 to a Pentium. Clock for clock the A8 is tons faster than the ARM11 chips. Maybe some of you remember how much faster a Pentium 100Mhz was compared to the 486 DX4 100mhz. (Our younger audience might not remember this.)

This is why Samsung clocked their Moment to 800mhz, so it can keep up with the A8 running at 500mhz.
    I remember ... damn, I must be old. But you're right, don't compare apples to grapefruit. Another analogy would be comparing two cars with the same horsepower, but different torque ratings.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben and Dion
    We don't comment on our specific SDK plans, and while we are personally excited about the Web gaining GPU acceleration via technologies like WebGL and CSS Transforms, and we would like to see webOS gain these capabilities to allow web developers to better leverage our fantastic hardware, we were answering a question about our personal opinion on what we'd like to see happen to the platform. We don't believe the term "immediate" was even mentioned by us, and we are sorry that people have read too much into this particular topic.
    The above quote was added as an editor's note to the original article that sparked this debate. Based on this I would suspect we will not see either GPU, CSS Transform, or Flash implementation in the 1.3.1 update. Probably just minor fixes and improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by born2defy View Post
    The above quote was added as an editor's note to the original article that sparked this debate. Based on this I would suspect we will not see either GPU, CSS Transform, or Flash implementation in the 1.3.1 update. Probably just minor fixes and improvements.
    well that's just ****ed all over my fire.
    Uh oh...this is kinda like the scenario I wrote about on page 1. People are not going to like this.

Whether Palm's comments were misquoted or they are backing out on what they originally said, it's going to turn into further Palm hate from the haters.

And just so there's no confusion, I'm not the Palm hater...I'm the one that hates on Palm haters.
    Well well well.... Just like I said on this same thread (should be pg. 1, i think) --- I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I ****SEE**** IT.
    Yep, that definitely changes the scenery.
    If it is just a 1.2.x update I see minor changes/bug fixes being implemented, but if we are going to see a 1.3.x I expect bigger things.

I remember someone on this forum spoke to a Palm rep who said the next version of webOS has some major improvements. This makes me think it will be 1.3.x.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Well well well.... Just like I said on this same thread (should be pg. 1, i think) --- I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I ****SEE**** IT.
    That's always the best course. We knew within our 30-day trial periods that the UI was laggy, and most of us (myself included) still loved the phone and is capabilities enough to keep it. So I expect nothing more from Palm and certainly put NO stock in any rumors like these, but if I get better features or performance in an update...well goody!
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    That's always the best course. We knew within our 30-day trial periods that the UI was laggy, and most of us (myself included) still loved the phone and is capabilities enough to keep it. So I expect nothing more from Palm and certainly put NO stock in any rumors like these, but if I get better features or performance in an update...well goody!
    How'd you come up with that name? I've always called my wife Pooky, because I never liked her real name.
    I've been meaning to ask you this for a while now. If she finds out that i'm "interacting" with some other Pooky (Pookie), she'll be very upset.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/05/2009 at 02:50 PM.
    How'd you come up with that name? I've always called my wife Pooky, because I never liked her real name.
    I've been meaning to ask you this for a while now.
    It's a rather pathetic story involving a reindeer-looking chihuahua
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    It's a rather pathetic story involving a reindeer-looking chihuahua
    OH. Ummmm.... well alrighty then.
    Oh my... What must her real name be, that "Pooky" is better?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Franka
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Franka
    I'm in a **** mood right now for a whole host of reasons, so, to combat that, I'd like to say you both are two of my favorite posters on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I'm in a **** mood right now for a whole host of reasons, so, to combat that, I'd like to say you both are two of my favorite posters on this forum.
    Thanx stihl, I apPREciate that!
    Thanx stihl, I apPREciate that!
    Good God...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Hey, I'm a guy that had to live with "Herbie" for years, I'll feel free to jump in the "goofy name" fray anytime I feel like it

I keep telling my four daughters that one of them needs to name a grand-daughter after me. Herberta Wynette would be a cool name, don't you think?
    I keep telling my four daughters that one of them needs to name a grand-daughter after me. Herberta Wynette would be a cool name, don't you think?

I think my pre just got a new name
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I think my pre just got a new name
    Dude!!!! Is it a she??
    Dude!!!! Is it a she??
    I haven't assigned a gender.

the old name was Bonfilio Rumplemeyer.
    There are four lights.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast