1.    #1  
    So today I decided to the better part of work looking at new phones...especially that new Pixi.

I think I am all for the Pixi. I don't do a lot of video viewing or gaming on my Pre as is, so I think I can handle the smaller screen. I mean all I do is check the email, hit up a few web pages for movie reviews and social junks and college humor, and send a crazy amount of texts. I love how small it is, and from the pictures at engadget, I don't think you need to buy a case, it's got a thick rubber coating on the back from what I can tell, I could be wrong. But if all I need is a zaggs shield on the front, game on!

Everything pre-release about this phone is great, but the name. It also lags a bit when it comes to bigger pix and web pages, but I could deal with some lag to get this brick of a Pre out of my pocket when it's in the Sprint case. Also, I won't have to baby a Pixi like I do the Pre. No more oreo! I get to keep the sweet and sexy WebOS, it's going to be ridiculously cheap in comparison so I may be able to buy out right for 299 with a 150 MIR (hopefully that is the price range).

Anyways, based on the specs and down right sex-appeal of this phone to fit so nicely in my pocket I may be switching to the Pixi this "holiday season". So I guess you can call me a Pixi-man!
    now thats a new twist on the old i'm leaving the pre.

your just switching palms

nice
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    So I guess you can call me a Pixi-man!
    Pixi-man!!!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    it's refreshing to hear someone make a decision like this in a positive way.

and i will throw you a thanks for NOT GRIPING ABOUT WIFI!

Blog not found

Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name thedonk13 is available to register!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I'd hit a GSM Pixi, maybe..
  8.    #8  
    I don't really ever use my wifi unless I actively think about it. Even at home I leave the wifi turned off unless I think about it. So the wifi deal isn't a breaker for me. I am tired of babying a phone I would have expected to be a solid build from day one.

Other than the poor build of the Pre, i love it. Palm did a great job with WebOS, but they should have done some serious field research on that slider.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    The Pixi will be $99 after MIR. $199.99 up front in any Sprint store, and instant rebates bring the price to $99.99 for a Pixi in your Best Buy, Radioshack, and selected Walmart stores.
    I don't really ever use my wifi unless I actively think about it. Even at home I leave the wifi turned off unless I think about it. So the wifi deal isn't a breaker for me.
    yup, same here. for some reason my bathroom has lead walls or something and i dont get an EVDO signal in there. never did with Verizon either. so it's nice to have wifi in there
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ...it's going to be ridiculously cheap in comparison so I may be able to buy out right for 299 with a 150 MIR (hopefully that is the price range).
    You dont get any rebates, instant or mail-in buying a phone outright with no contract or upgrade eligiblity.
  12.    #12  
    ya but that 199 will be with a 2 year contract, i already got one of those. SO, if the phone costs more than 300 out right, then I am simply going to cancel my plan and sign back up for a 99 dollar phone. in the end i am going to pay at least 300 bucks to get away from my wobbly pre. 400 i guess until I get my MIR

I like the droid but I think it's way too much phone for me, and I love Sprint's everything plan anyway over everyone elses plans. Sure I get crappy coverage at my house, but I don't care enough. I can send texts and dropping calls gives me a great excuse to not be on the phone.

the only thing really making me stall is the lack of any "real" reviews....heck, the Droid had reviews out 2 weeks before launch....here we are waiting for an unboxing of the Pixi still......
  13.    #13  
    ps - and if that phone sux, i will be within the 30 day window again to jump onto a Hero and wait that out until the next gen webOS device shows up....
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I believe the Pixi without contract is priced at $499.99; If you're planning on terminating the contract, paying the fee and starting a new one. You'll be spending $399.99 before rebates like you stated.
  15.    #15  
    so after I get my 100 back from the MIR, if they still exist by then since I read somewhere that they are going to start doing instant deals, it will only cost me 300 out the door. I am fine with that. The more I look at the Pixi the more I like it. I hate the name, oh wells...I will change my tag to donkixi.

just something you guys might not have noticed...the pixi does not come pre-touchstone equipped, you gotta buy the back, daggumit i know! BUT, the artist backs looks pretty sweet, well the skull one does anyway....i think I will just get the standard black and wait for all the sweet rubbery cases to show up on ebay that will be TS approved....