Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Not sure if it's related but Airave Support told me a Sprint cable was cut in the Bay Area today (my Airave lost system connectivity).
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    I was having the same issue with EVDO dropping suddenly to 1x. I took my Pre in and they told me it was a bad radio in my phone. They said even trying to test the phone whenever they radio failed. I overheard the Techs saying that they were seeing it a lot lately. I had my Pre replaced a week and a half ago and it was doing the same thing. So I went to a different tech store and they again said the radio in my replacement Pre was bad and ordered me another phone. I'm still waiting for that to come in. I really don't know what to think about it but I've noticed that even GPS seems to be affected.
    I was having the same exact problems with it going from full bars EV to 1x, sometimes the signal would drop out completely, in a full bar area. I finally took it to the sprint store too and they said the same thing. They tested the radio and it failed. I am getting a replacement soon. Yes, I have also noticed GPS was affected. Probably 75% of the time I would have to reopen sprint nav (sometimes up to 3-4 times) to get a gps fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdesign View Post
    Not sure if it's related but Airave Support told me a Sprint cable was cut in the Bay Area today (my Airave lost system connectivity).
    My problems actually started a few weeks ago. I thought I was going crazy but I would be at work and my phone would sit on the touchstone just going in and out of EVDO coverage just sitting still I decided to take it in to get looked at.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Two nights ago I was reading an email and noticed an X instead of the signal bars. I tried to dial my voicemail and "no signal" was displayed. WiFi signal was still strong. Checked my Airave and all blue lights. I rebooted the phone and once more a strong signal. No idea what was going on but it had nothing to do with Sprint in Dallas.
    Got my replacement Pre last night.... The moment I walked out the door the bars dropped from EVDO to 1x. Went back in the store and one of the techs manually re-provisioned the data on the phone and so far it's pretty stable. I will keep an eye on it though.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    I just got the "Your phone could not establish a data connection. Call Sprint for help (129)." message for the first time while sitting here at home with the Pre on WiFi. What Is My IP gives IPs for my router and EVDO. I've got 5 bars here just north of Detroit.
    May overall signal strength hasn't changed, but I have noticed that I am on the 1x data network in many places I used to have good evdo signal. Writing from Toledo, OH, I suppose its good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm in N.E. Florida and I started having issues with the signal after this last update, my wife is to. Sometimes the call will go through and hook up but there's nothing on the other end. And of course dropped calls are getting worse. I've been wondering what the contract says about Sprint providing good equipment and service. Would that reason be a contract breaker?
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    I'm in N.E. Florida and I started having issues with the signal after this last update, my wife is to. Sometimes the call will go through and hook up but there's nothing on the other end. And of course dropped calls are getting worse. I've been wondering what the contract says about Sprint providing good equipment and service. Would that reason be a contract breaker?
    Good question...I'm in gainesville fl and also began to have problems with reception after the 1.3.1 uupdate. Problem was worse on wife's phone so we bit the bullet and backed the upgrade back to the last version of WebOS. Said news though, thing are not any better and we've been in contact with Sprint for over a week.

Probably will get Airave from Sprint on their dime since nothing so far has helped and phone service for my wife is unusable at home. Not going to last long for us and we'll break our contract if they don't fix it... No phone service is not an option we can live with. I have no clue how and why ATT customers live with problems like this on their iPhones. What good is a phone without cell coverage. I guess Sorint and ATT are more alike then we think?

What sucks is I really like my Palm Pre...
    Last edited by sorli; 11/20/2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I too have been getting the "Your phone could not establish a data connection Code 129" error at least twice a day.. I think it started after 1.2.1 came out, but I know it definitely did not do it before.. I have data roaming enabled, and it just happened to me in my house with wi-fi and Airave coverage available -- but it happens all over.
  11. d0c
    I just got a replacement pre (i was having the earpiece issue) and my new pre has been giving me the same - Your phone could not establish a data connection Code 129 -. I called sprint tech support and they told me to update to web os 1.3.5.1

i did that last night, but i am getting the error again today. never had this problem on the old phone. no coverage problems ever (in boston)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I too have been getting the code 129?????? Like once a day or once every other, it says i loose data connection and when on the internet and this happens it actually stops working but still have bars it's really strange.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin51 View Post
    I too have been getting the code 129?????? Like once a day or once every other, it says i loose data connection and when on the internet and this happens it actually stops working but still have bars it's really strange.
    Mine started (that I noticed) doing this same thing just recently. I did not notice an issue prior to installing 1.3.5.1
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Chiming in from Cheyenne, WY.
    I have been having the same issue as well. Haven't got an error message yet, just really bad signal and even roaming in places I usually have great signal.
    since the 1.3.5 update my ev signal has been weak... dropping to 1x alot when i almost never seen 1x appear on my phone.. and I have had my pre since launch date
  16.    #36  
    I seem to have found a solution/workaround:

What I did to improve signal strength, was to change my network settings.
    In the phone settings, I changed the Voice network from Automatic to Sprint Only. Since then because my phone is not searching for other networks when I get a weak signal, it seems to have improved signal stability overall. I do not get flickering signal bars as much. I would imagine this solution would work only in areas where there is strong Sprint coverage (like SF Bay Area) but for me this has worked.

I did just update to 1.3.5.1 so let me see if this continues to be stable.

DT
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    im getting error: Unabe to resolve host [2006]. when trying to open some webpages. started about a week ago.
    Error 129 just started happening about 2 days ago for me (Boca Raton, FL) about 10 times a day, getting annoyed.
    I was having this problem yesterday here in Southfield, MI. It kept going to 1x and then dropping out completely and bounced back and forth all day. Seems to be lot better today.
    Verizon is distorting all of your signal strenths in order to get your business.. :P
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast