Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Been struggling to nail down a pattern on this for a few days, and search here for a solution. No luck on the latter yet but I think I understand what's happening.

When a calendar reminder fires off, I can dismiss it, snooze it, or just flat out ignore it. If I snooze or ignore it, 5 minutes later it reminds me again. If I snooze or ignore it again, I get reminded in another 5 minutes. When the 3rd reminder hits (15 minutes after the original notification), the event is pulled from the dashboard and I'm toast because that reminder just disappeared for reasons I can't understand (but it ALWAYS happens EXACTLY at the 3rd reminder at the 15 minute mark).

I do have numerous Preware patches. I've done the emergency patch recovery to clean all the patches out. Still have the problem. Numerous resets of the phone. Still have the problem.

Stumped. Am I alone on this one?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Been struggling to nail down a pattern on this for a few days, and search here for a solution. No luck on the latter yet but I think I understand what's happening.

When a calendar reminder fires off, I can dismiss it, snooze it, or just flat out ignore it. If I snooze or ignore it, 5 minutes later it reminds me again. If I snooze or ignore it again, I get reminded in another 5 minutes. When the 3rd reminder hits (15 minutes after the original notification), the event is pulled from the dashboard and I'm toast because that reminder just disappeared for reasons I can't understand (but it ALWAYS happens EXACTLY at the 3rd reminder at the 15 minute mark).

I do have numerous Preware patches. I've done the emergency patch recovery to clean all the patches out. Still have the problem. Numerous resets of the phone. Still have the problem.

Stumped. Am I alone on this one?
    After the update to WebOS 1.2.0, "If you tap Snooze on a calendar event notification, the notification no longer reappears after the event end time." (See info at Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww). Perhaps your events are defaulting to only be 15 minutes long? I was completely frustrated by this "upgrade" as well, and ended up having to make my events longer to compensate when I thought I might end up snoozing them several times. I personally don't consider this feature of 1.2.0 an "upgrade", but I guess Palm did for some reason....
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Yikes that's not good! I routinely create reminders that are 0 minutes in duration just so I don't forget to do things. I've done this with my Treo 700p before the Pre. It was always good to know they would sit there in a pile waiting for me to remove them when I followed up. Having WebOS decide that they are not important anymore is not good at all....
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Yikes that's not good! I routinely create reminders that are 0 minutes in duration just so I don't forget to do things. I've done this with my Treo 700p before the Pre. It was always good to know they would sit there in a pile waiting for me to remove them when I followed up. Having WebOS decide that they are not important anymore is not good at all....
    If you want the icon to stay in the notification bar, you should probably use the Tasks app instead of creating events in the calendar. You lose the popup reminders, but the icon will stay there as long as you don't swipe it away.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I found it when searching on Google for this exact same issue. Did anybody ever discover a solution to this? I also have a lot of very short calendar items set as reminders that I keep losing notifications for after snoozing twice.

Is the only solution to convert all these entries to tasks?