1.    #1  
    I had 84% battery left. I just got a message your phone is low and that it needs to be charged. I dismissed that message and it still said %84 remaining. a half hour later i look at my phone and its off for some reason. I turn it on, wait for the 2 minute boot up and the battery level is at %78. whats going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I had 84% battery left. I just got a message your phone is low and that it needs to be charged. I dismissed that message and it still said %84 remaining. a half hour later i look at my phone and its off for some reason. I turn it on, wait for the 2 minute boot up and the battery level is at %78. whats going on?
    That's a new one. Don't know, sorry, haven't heard of that happening b4.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's a new one. Don't know, sorry, haven't heard of that happening b4.
    yeah i searched and didnt see anything. First time it ever happened to me. Im down to %76 now which is normal. I was worried it would shutdown on its own again but it didnt.
    If it were me I would pull the battery for a few minutes. And then replace and power on.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    yeah i searched and didnt see anything. First time it ever happened to me. Im down to %76 now which is normal. I was worried it would shutdown on its own again but it didnt.
    Or maybe, if you know someone else with a Pre, swap batteries for a day and see if the problem follows the battery or not. That should point you in the right direction at least.
  6.    #6  
    well im down to %46 now which is normal for me at this time of the day. That battery messae only popped up that one time and things seem to be normal. Weird.
    Do you have any of the patches installed that show the battery icon as a percent? I noticed on mine the other day that my main battery icon showed 86% but then when I touched the top right corner to turn on WiFi, that battery percent showed 84%. After a minute, the icon percent showed 84% - meaning the icon percent doesn't update as often.

Maybe yours had a few hour delay?
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    Do you have any of the patches installed that show the battery icon as a percent? I noticed on mine the other day that my main battery icon showed 86% but then when I touched the top right corner to turn on WiFi, that battery percent showed 84%. After a minute, the icon percent showed 84% - meaning the icon percent doesn't update as often.

Maybe yours had a few hour delay?
    I dont have the battery percent icon patch. Only patch I have is the led notification.
    Mine has done it twice since the 1.3.5 update. Both times I've had above 85% on my battery level. I have the battery as % patch installed and the first time it happened the upper right corner showed 0%. I tapped to bring down the device menu and it showed 90%. When I dismissed the menu, the upper right corner showed the correct %. The second time, the % in the corner never changed. If I remember correctly, both times I was sliding the keyboard open to turn the phone on.