1.    #1  
    I have been trying to find a voice recorder solution with the Pre. I used to use Mvoice from motion apps on my Treo. Being that the Pre has shortcomings in this area (we can vent in another thread) I resortred to using classic and installed mvoice. Seemingly there is no "classic certified" version of their own software (Motion Apps makes Mvoice and Classic) and the version I use 4.5 is buggy to say the least. It will work on first start up and record occasionally but not stable at all. I actually had better luck using it with Classic 1.0

I also tried Callrec 6.0 and 5.0 for Treo and those do not work either.

Does anyone have any voice recorder that they have found to be stable?

Thanks

DT
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    That's really sad to hear that CallRec doesn't work in Classic. I really want the Pre, but I'd hate to go without CallRec and CallBlock. I finally qualify for a full upgrade and I don't know what to do. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    It will work on first start up and record occasionally but not stable at all. I actually had better luck using it with Classic 1.0
    Wow, I'm amazed it worked at all! I assume you know that Palm hasn't given developers any access to the mic on the Pre at all. So, it's surprising that Classic is somehow connected.

It's surprising to me that Palm hasn't provided this. It seems so basic and obvious, but maybe there's some issue it. Hopefully one of the next few releases of WebOS will include it, and then I'm sure we'll see a rush to provide some voice/sound apps.
    SoundRec works perfectly in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    SoundRec works perfectly in classic
    Really? I just tried it and it crashes every time for me.
  6.    #6  
    Midmofan: SoundRec works perfectly in classic

Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Really? I just tried it and it crashes every time for me.

Me too ...it just crashes.
    Midmofan: can you tell us what version of Sound Rec you are using?
    I tried a few of the released (paid) versions and even went back in to my archives and tried the beta ones.

thanks!

DT
    I just wanted to bump this to see if anybody has any news on call recording apps...