1.    #1  
    I take a lot of pictures, and I mean a LOT of pictures with my Pre. I have two small kids and every day is filled with "Kodak moments". I also use my MP3 player a fair bit.

So, one of the things I have noticed with the Pre, is that it is subject to the same issue that other flash memory (and magnetic storage) are subject to... put enough stuff on it, and it doesn't free up the space when you delete it.

The other day, I had 1.1 gb available out of my roughly 8gb on the device. I took off all my pics and music, which was many gigs worth, and I still had only 1.1 gb available. So, I did a device erase. So I updated to 1.2.1 (I had previously used commands to shut off the auto updates), and that didn't do anything (except give me an update level that EATS battery power). Then I did a full device reset. THAT did it.

So, is there a utility that can be installed to clean up memory and free up space without dumping and reloading, or, as I have done before, reimaging with WebOS Doctor? These aren't difficult steps, but they do take a little time.

Also... I have noticed that, the more full my "drive" the slower the device runs, the exponentially poorer the battery life, and the more glitchy the responsiveness (i.e., touch an app and nothing happens, or touch one app, another opens).

Are there any behind the scenes improvements with 1.2.1 battery life? Until I filled my storage with to many pictures, I could go for an easy 12-16 hours of heavy use on one charge under 1.1. After I bogged it down, I needed two batteries to get through the day. Now, with 1.2.1, I still need two batteries to get through the day.

Thanks!
    I experienced the same problem, and then it occurred to me that there is one more step to clearing the deleted files. You have to "Empty Trash" (Mac) from your computer with the device connected as a USB drive. That immediately freed up all the unused memory.
    Last edited by PCHFlyer; 11/07/2009 at 05:52 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHFlyer View Post
    I experienced the same problem, and then it occurred to me that there is one more step to clearing the deleted files. You have to "Empty Trash" (Mac) from your computer with the device connected as a USB drive. That immediately freed up all the unused memory.
    Awesome! thanks!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Had the same issue - Thanks for the Solution.