1.    #1  
    I like how the pre integrates gchat in the phone with text messages and sync contacts automatically. But once you sign into your gchat(gmail) accoun, you gchat is always showing online(green) when other people see you, even if it's 3am in the night you are sleeping and didn't touch the Pre for several hours.

Is there a way that I can set gchat on Pre to go to "Away" or "Busy" status manually or just go to "Away" status automatically after like 15 or 30 minutes and I didn't use it?

Also, is there a way to sign off gchat? I tried doing that, but Pre asked if I wanted to delete all the chat history when I sign off. So I couldn't sign off since I didn't want to delete all the chat history.

I think Palm should allow users to sign off any IM and sign back in without deleting anything.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    you can... When you click Buddies, the top line says Available, Busy, or off depending on what you choose. Just choose Offline. No deleting needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post
    I like how the pre integrates gchat in the phone with text messages and sync contacts automatically. But once you sign into your gchat(gmail) accoun, you gchat is always showing online(green) when other people see you, even if it's 3am in the night you are sleeping and didn't touch the Pre for several hours.

Is there a way that I can set gchat on Pre to go to "Away" or "Busy" status manually or just go to "Away" status automatically after like 15 or 30 minutes and I didn't use it?

Also, is there a way to sign off gchat? I tried doing that, but Pre asked if I wanted to delete all the chat history when I sign off. So I couldn't sign off since I didn't want to delete all the chat history.

I think Palm should allow users to sign off any IM and sign back in without deleting anything.
    If you go into the messaging app and click buddies up at the top, you should be able to click on the green dot next to where it says available and choose busy and it will change your status to busy.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    you can... When you click Buddies, the top line says Available, Busy, or off depending on what you choose. Just choose Offline. No deleting needed.
    Thank you! So the Pre won't automatically change the status after some time you don't use it. I think that would be a good feature.