Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Meth..

/thread
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I don't know what your complaint about Pandora is about - the iPhone version of Pandora has had ads for a long time now. In fact, it seems that Pandora kinda forgot to think about that whole pesky money thing when it came to the webOS version, because it not only didn't have any ads, but it wasn't affected by Pandora's 40 hour monthly listening limit, and it didn't have an automatic 1 hour time-out, both things that the iPhone version has had since day 1 of those policies being implemented. I know for a fact that I've fallen asleep to my Pre playing Pandora and awoken to it still playing, something that is NOT supposed to happen. (In fact, does anyone know if they even added the timers into 1.0?)

Don't get me wrong, that was awesome, but Pandora is a business like any other company, and they have to make money somehow. The RIAA is imposing rather hefty royalties on them, so to survive as a company, they either have to entice you to subscribe to Pandora One (which I suspect will eliminate the ads in the Pre app), or they have to subject you to occasional ads to pay the bills. Deal with it, there's no such thing as a free ride.
    This is NOT Twitter...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    they either have to entice you to subscribe to Pandora One (which I suspect will eliminate the ads in the Pre app)
    I subscribe to Pandora One and as far as I can tell you are correct, I haven't seen an add even after the update. I use the app a lot (home, car and work) and it's worth it to me.
    Cheers,

Peaty
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12