Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hey all im thinking about getting my pre replaced because of the annoying "oreo" thingy, i had the phone for a week, will i get a new one or a refurbished one if i turn it to the store? i all so have the total protection plan if that means everything. I just dont want to go there and get me a refurbished phone . Thanks for all your help in advantage .

Alexs
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    You should get a new one if its under 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    You should get a new one if its under 30 days.
    +1 but they're gonna tell u its normal unless ur oreo issue is really bad that u can c the split of the halves badly...but if its a little bit twisty they're gonna tell u its normal bc in reality it is normal but just not normal to a point where u feel ur gonna break it urself
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i wish Palm had given the Sprint techs instructions on how to fix this by now...

i got mine replaced over 30 days after, and i got a refurb and its oreo is terrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i wish Palm had given the Sprint techs instructions on how to fix this by now...

i got mine replaced over 30 days after, and i got a refurb and its oreo is terrible!
    how bad is it?

Update: when u hold ur phone with ur index and middle finger on the back of the phone and ur thumb on the front and u press on the sides of the phone do u hear clicking sounds?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Its not a slight movement, when it moves i can se the edge of the back piece of the phone, close to 3.5mm movement, not like a zomg! click but you can hear a tap. If you paid for something you want it in a top condition right?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs5 View Post
    Its not a slight movement, when it moves i can se the edge of the back piece of the phone, close to 3.5mm movement
    does the movement only happen with given force applied?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    does the movement only happen with given force applied?
    dont even have to force, it moves to the left then returns to normal when i open the keyboard
    dont even have to force, it moves to the left then returns to normal when i open the keyboard
    hmmm maybe u could take it to get it replaced and c wut they tell u
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    the oreo effect on my pre is the same as on this video:
    YouTube - Palm Pre Hardware Issues
    the oreo effect on my pre is the same as on this video:
    YouTube - Palm Pre Hardware Issues
    yeah man that sucks then u should really go take a look at it at the sprint store
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i will need all the sprint plan papers and such right? then ill have to wait till the weekend , and i bought it in a radioshack do i : have to go to the same radioshack, or can go to any radioshack or sprint store?
    i will need all the sprint plan papers and such right? then ill have to wait till the weekend , and i bought it in a radioshack do i : have to go to the same radioshack, or can go to any radioshack or sprint store?
    theoretically if u got the insurance...u should be in the computer and dont need paper work...i never need paper work when i go take my pre for service...which has only been once!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    theoretically if u got the insurance...u should be in the computer and dont need paper work...i never need paper work when i go take my pre for service...which has only been once!
    woah! thats awesome!!! i should like remove all the apps on it right, like homebrew and such?
    woah! thats awesome!!! i should like remove all the apps on it right, like homebrew and such?
    also theoretically supposedly its recommended...if u know ur gonna get a swap then yes...unless they fix it like they did to me (which i didnt remove my theme nor my patches) and nothing happened to me...but to be on the safe side yes remove theme patches w.e just in case

Update: homebrew apps doesnt matter...i got mytether as the 1st app on the launcher and they didnt tell me *****...but hey hu knows they could bi*ch at u for having it lol but the rest of homebrew apps they shouldnt care
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I had my original replaced, they sent a refurb with terrible oreo. I called them and they sent me another phone without a problem. 3rd time was a charm!
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Rennat.Webs - Palm Pre Slider Fix

I'm going to try this soon...
    If under 30 days don't try it... if not, I'd give it a go (be careful though).
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    mine is 2 weeks old and start OREO alittle bit even that i dont use it much and still not carry it with me yet!!! i think all Pres Like this and all Palstic toys.